Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
LMI is seeking an API Architect to design, develop and administer solutions support large SAP based Defense Business Systems. This role will have significant influence on overall strategy by defining features, driving solution architectures, and establishing best practices. The API Architect will work with Government Leads, solution architects, data owners, data stewards, policy developers, process and workflow analysts, data scientists, and business analysts to design and implement an API framework to increase speed to insight across the enterprise. Work location is client site, Fort Belvoir, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop strategy to transition organization from Point to Point Interfaces to APIs
* Oversee all phases of the API development life cycle - including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, transition, and support
* Apply design first/API-led connectivity concepts to business initiatives to help achieve organization goals
* Produce API design and technical implementation documentation
* Ensure all APIs adhere to the latest standards to drive design consistency
* Reduce implementation risk by delivering reliable robust, resilient and secure API software solutions meeting strict operational specifications on a timely basis
* Define application data and resource models such that the operations and relationships between resources are easily understood.
* Exhibit critical thinking to design solutions to solve complex business requirements via existing or new APIs
* Work with Product Managers to find creative ways to increase API usage and engagement.
* Understand and translate the business vision into API architectures
* Implement the development of multiple interface services to connect both internal and external SOAP and RESTful web services.
* Participate in discussions on API and system architectures
* Participate in reviews and implementation to ensure high quality software within the schedules
* Follow best practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, and proper documentation practices
* Participate in requirements discovery and design work sessions to determine best practice solution requirements
* Architect and develop applications supporting internal and external communications; intra-service communications.
* Collaborate with diverse technical delivery teams to build service based architecture to scale and innovate.
* Articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on topics including (but not limited to) IaaS/PaaS providers, container orchestration, service mesh, API gateways, and commercial vs. open source software.
* Up to 10% travel expected
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, management of technology, computer engineering, or a related field
* 3-5 years experience developing and administering APIs
* Demonstrated web-development experience (Java/JSON, HTML, CSS, XML)
* Collibra operating model development and customization experience
* Experience developing RESTFul APIs with RAML using MuleSoft and MuleSoft Anypoint Platform for APIs and API Manager
* Business and domain modeling experience, including an understanding of domain driven design and modeling of events.
* Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous messaging, peer-to-peer, Publish-subscribe, distributed logs and RESTful APIs.
* An understanding of data governance frameworks
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including the organization and prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines and organizational goals
* Excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, written and verbal communication skills and time management
* Must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
* Experience with enterprise data management solutions and platforms in the areas of master data management (MDM), data quality management, data governance, metadata management, ETL, data warehousing, and data lakes
* MuleSoft certification
* Experience with, and understand how to lead, legacy integration and remediation (facades, strangler approaches, etc.).
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.