Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Data Scientist will work within LMI s Digital & Analytics Solutions service line to serve on the intelligence analysis staff for a U.S. Federal Government Agency working with classified media. This position will work with a team of designers, engineers, architects, and data scientists to query and structure data, apply algorithms to develop machine learning models, develop metrics and data visualizations, and deploy visualization products to web-based environments. The Data Scientist will have a strong background in technology, the ability to structure data for reporting, and a strategic view for how to present analytic results to customers. This position will be responsible for presenting and explaining complex results to business users.
* Develop intuitive dashboards and data visualization products using Tableau or other data visualization tools;
* Develop performance metrics, conduct statistical analyses, and apply decision models to address business process challenges;
* Query databases using SQL with structured data and perform statistical analysis;
* Gather and process raw data at scale by using statistical packages (e.g., R, SAS) and programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, and Scala);
* Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis;
* Think strategically about how to publish data visualizations and present analytic results;
* Develop a familiarity with machine learning algorithms and advanced statistical methods, such as regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks; and
* Use critical thinking skills to assess how machine learning capabilities can best be applied to complex business situations.
* Current TS/SCI with a full-scope polygraph (FSP)
* Bachelor s Degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, or a related technical discipline
* 4 10 years of experience developing dashboards using Tableau or other data visualization tools
* Preferred 4 10 years of experience in data software or application engineering and/or technical operations
* Comfortable working in technology environments to explore innovative technical solutions (e.g., AWS, application development, software integration)
* Knowledge of best practices in data visualization and business intelligence software, including recent versions Tableau
* Experience developing visualizations and deploying those visualizations to server environments, such as publishing dashboards created in Tableau Desktop to Tableau Server
* Experience developing content for and delivering training to others on the use of Tableau or a similar business intelligence software
* Experience with ETL tools, performing ETL processes, and enhancing and automating queries from data sources, such as relational databases and flat files
* Ability to design and influence data architectures to reflect how users will access and analyze data
* Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with business customers and technical teams
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.