Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Reservoir Engineering & Geosciences Storage Compliance Engineer
Reference Code: 72311
Location: United States (US) - Troy, MI
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/22/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy s Storage Technical Services Department is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and is seeking a Reservoir Engineering & Geosciences Compliance Engineer. Thisindividual will support the Storage Technical Services Compliance team and work with other Storage Technical Services teams, and internal/external stakeholders in developing and delivering on key business drivers. The Compliance Engineer will report to the Team Leader; Storage Compliance under the Storage Technical Services Department s Manager of Reservoir Engineering and Geosciences.
The regulation of U.S. gas storage operators by PHMSA has introduced a new set of challenges for TC Energy in managing the integrity, reliability and customer needs of its gas storage assets. There is a now a significant regulatory component to the business requiring PHMSA inspection support, document and record management and training. This regulation has driven the need for dedicating a team within Storage Technical Services specifically focused on meeting these requirements.
This position may be filled in Troy, MI, Charleston, WV, or Washington, PA, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
What you\'ll do
* Provide technical support required for PHMSA inspections in collaboration with US regulatory Compliance staff
* Review and analyze compliance-related data and determine if regulatory requirements are being met
* Create pre-inspection reports summarizing the company s PHMSA inspection readiness
* Lead Storage Technical Services responses during PHMSA inspections
* Create post-inspection reports summarizing the company s PHMSA inspection performance
* Identify improvements in company processes that enhance compliance performance
* Coordinate the development and updating of Storage Technical Services documents required for enhanced compliance performance
* Provide guidance to internal customers regarding PHMSA storage regulations and API RP 1171
* Assist US Regulatory Compliance staff in assessing reporting requirements and follow-up regarding storage incidents (safety related conditions and abnormal operations)
* Assist Storage Technical Services staff in identification and follow-up actions for abnormal operating conditions
* Other tasks as required
* Bachelor or advanced degree in Petroleum / Chemical / Mechanical Engineering
* 4 or more years industry experience with natural gas storage facilities
* Previously demonstrated strong focus on personal and process safety
* Ability and initiative to work independently, and exercise sound judgement
* Demonstrated superior organizational skills and proven ability to manage teams and projects
* Skills to effectively work and continue develop within a team-oriented environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams and management, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources.
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
* Handle rapidly shifting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
* Good understanding of API 1171, PHMSA inspection practices, and knowledge of other regulation impacting gas storage facility design and operations such as DOT 191, 192 and 193.
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
* Be subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather, heights, lifting, and cramped conditions
* Be available for overtime, extended work hours, and call-outs as needed
* Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 09/22/2020 using reference code 72311. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Engineer, Compliance, Temporary, Supply, Inspector, Engineering, Legal, Contract, Operations, Quality.