Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Integrity Records & Research Team Lead
Reference Code: 67064
Location: United States (US) - Charleston, WV
Job Category: Data/Records Management; Engineering; Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/29/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Integrity and Operations Services (IOS) group is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Charleston, West Virginia to support the Pipe Integrity department. The Pipe Integrity department is accountable for the safe, reliable, and compliant operation of TC Energy's natural gas pipeline assets in North America.
We are seeking a driven Integrity Records & Research Team Lead who will be responsible for leading a team focused on historical data/records research, providing engineering review and integrity-based recommendations in support of MAOP & Mega Rule pipeline projects, while also managing projects to consolidate and digitize critical pipeline records.
Reporting to the Manager of IOS, the Integrity Records & Research Team Lead will work closely with professionals in Pipeline Integrity, Information Management, and the US Gas Business Unit to assist in developing and implementing a plan to address compliance driven initiatives. The position will provide an opportunity to directly impact the safe operation of the pipeline system and be involved in influencing Company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, who also possesses excellent organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, exercises good judgment, and has excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
What you ll do
* Manage Document Analysts working in conjunction with project engineers, estimators, project managers, and relevant internal stakeholders to facilitate timely completion of assigned tasks
* Assist with the integration of pipeline assets from an operational and compliance perspective
* Provide technical support for document research, review, and management for Integrity Programs (i.e. maximum allowable operating pressures (MAOP), Class and Material records)
* Research, review, and analyze design drawings, material specifications, and pressure test data
* Identify gaps in integrity documentation and support the development of initiatives to manage various risks to operations
* Provide documentation to support detailed engineering justifications and relevant information regarding the historical integrity work as requested
* Develop and continually improve procedures and best practices related to managing and locating regulatory required project documentation
* Participate in industry events as it applies to the establishment of TVC records procedures and requirements
* Maintain a high level of focus on health, safety, and the environment, ensuring safety within all activities
* Participate in industry initiatives, including research and technology development related to document research and data extraction for incorporation into TC programs
* Contribute to the development of budgets by scoping, estimating, and recommending projects
* Communicate with peer technical customer representatives to identify problems and possible solutions
* Other tasks as required
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Business with 10+ years of experience is preferred
* 10 or more years of related experience
* Experience in any or all of the following areas:
* Gas transmission pipelines
* 49 CFR 192
* Technical records management
* Project management
* GIS systems
* Ability to read and identify engineering drawings, construction as-builts, and technical records
* Post-graduate degree and/or substantial training in field of specialization
* Experience with Excel, Access, and Power BI
This position requires candidates to
* Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
Applicants without an Engineering degree, but who have significant experience, may align to the Technologist job ladder.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America, heating homes, generating power, and fueling industries. To learn more about our natural gas business, please visit https://www.tcenergy.com/operations/natural-gas/
Apply to this posting by 09/29/2020 using reference code 67064. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston West Virginia
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Temporary, Geology, Records, Engineering, Legal, Contract.