Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
MEDS FOR HOME COORDINATOR
Requisition #: 284906
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
Under minimal supervision, the Meds for Home Coordinator assists in caring for patients by providing transitions of care services as assigned. The primary responsibility of the Meds for Home Coordinator is to assist patients with obtaining their discharge medications. Activities include discharge prescription data entry, adjudication, and delivery and obtaining and organizing information such as patient demographics, insurance information, medication lists, education needs, and information for a pharmacist to determine the appropriateness of discharge prescriptions. The Meds for Home Coordinator may assist the patient in obtaining their medications through the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Pharmacies or the pharmacy of the patient s choice. The Meds for Home Coordinator promotes the safe and effective use of medications by providing the pharmacist with accurate and timely information necessary to make informed clinical recommendations. The Meds for Home Coordinator participates in performance improvement activities to increase the scope and quality of pharmacy services. The Meds for Home Coordinator performs other duties of a pharmacy technician, including but not limited to preparation and packaging of medications, inventory maintenance, and appropriate medication documentation, as required.
* High School Diploma or Equivalency
* College Degree (preferred)
* Comprehensive understanding of inpatient and outpatient pharmacy operations, procedures, and equipment in the assigned area(s).
* Expertise with pharmacy terminology, medication names, dosage forms, common indications, computer systems for prescription data entry and third party plan processing.
* Computer knowledge for data entry of prescriptions, scheduling of appointments, and documentation of medication histories
* Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software is highly desired.
* Analytical ability to solve problems in assigned area(s) and to recognize and correct potential errors.
* Excellent prioritization and customer service skills are required.
* Interpersonal skills necessary for obtaining, verifying, and exchanging information with pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other allied health staff.
* Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and problem solving.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.