Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Type: Full Time
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (RRT) ACUTE NS-3
Requisition #: 278723
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
The Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing direct patient respiratory care treatments, and assisting in evaluating patients with respiratory illness. Include but not limited to: Respiratory therapy in various critical care units, general respiratory care, emergency room, ventilator management, CPAP/BIPAP, 02 Therapy, CPT, Aerosolized medications, CPR/code team, and computerized documentation.
Full Time, Night shift, 36 hours per week, 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m., weekend work required
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Respiratory Adult Care
* A minimum of six (6) months of previous experience. Minimum of 1 year of experience preferred (may include clinical rotation experience if new grad.
* Experienced applicants in a variety of age groups and critical care are highly desirable.
* ABG experience is highly desirable.
* Associates degree in respiratory therapy or closely related field is required Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy
* Must have current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS). Must obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 1 year of hire date and remain current during employment.
* Registration by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is required. Must be licensed by the Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.