Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Requisition #: 280022
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Full-time, Rotating Shift including weekends
Responsible for performing a variety of cooking duties. Prepares food in both quantity production and short order cooking. Works with minimal supervision and is expected to resolve problems by reference to general work instructions or occupational practices, procedures and precedents. Provides assistance to other food service personnel.
Priniciple Duties and Responsibiities:
* Guides, and trains cooks as directed by manager or Executive Chef in the preparation, cooking and serving of foods
* Operates standard kitchen equipment such as mixers, cookers, ovens, stoves, toasters, coffee urns and other related equipment to cook foods in production quantities
* Reviews the daily Production Sheets and produces food to meet the needs of both Patient Services and Retail.
* Inspects and cleans all foods prior to cooking.
* Prepare all foods requiring skillful preparation such as roasts, stews, sauces, casseroles, soups and baked goods in quantities indicated on production sheets.
* Slices meat and cheese; assembles fruit plates and relish trays and desserts.
* Stores leftover food by properly covering, labeling and dating the food items.
* Ensures that all equipment such as ranges, grills, ovens, kettles, mixers, pots and pans, fryers, refrigerators, floors and grinders are clean and sanitary.
* Ensures that shelves, bins, storage drawers and utensils are in a neat and orderly condition; reports equipment needing repair and/or adjustment to appropriate personnel.
* Protects equipment, utensils and food from adulteration, spoilage and pilferage.
* Disposes of food matter in the Food Waste containers and all production records are maintained for food overs and unders for food production daily in both hot and cold production.
* Performs related work as required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.