Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Plywood Production Trainees at our plywood mill in Prosperity, SC. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter. Production Associates are utilized in a general laborer capacity with opportunities for advancement. As a Production Associate, you will support machine operators and learn how to run the green end, dryer, glue line and finishing machines. If you thrive on working in a team environment with ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
Starting pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
* Using blowers, shovels, and pitch forks to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
* Acting as a relief operator to cover other employees' breaks and vacations
* Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
* Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of plywood
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* Must have one of the following types of work experience:
* Minimum of six (6) months' work experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment; OR
* Minimum of six (6) months' of mechanical technical schooling or training; OR
* Minimum of three (3) months' of experience in a wood products manufacturing environment.
* Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs routinely
* Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
* Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
* Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
* High School Diploma or GED
* One (1) or more years of manufacturing experience
* Experience driving and operating a forklift
* Experience working in lumber or wood products
* Experience troubleshooting equipment
* None Required
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf