Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This is a faced pace, high volume OR. There is a lot of cross-training available. You get the opportunity to specialize in one area for a while, and then can move to another specialty area later on. This is a great opportunity to learn, and you get to go through a very comprehensive orientation. There is a lot of flexibility as a Surgical Tech. Since we are open 24/7, there are Day, Eve, and Night shifts available. You can work a 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You must be willing to be on-call (on a rotating basis). You get to work with the great Doctors, Surgeons, Registered Nurses and others throughout the hospital. Surgical Techs at Jersey Shore University Medical Center always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, and Collaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive
A day in the life of a Surgical Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Setting up the operating room prior to surgery
* Stocking surgical supplies
* Checking surgical machines and equipment
* Transporting patients to and from surgery when necessary
* Passing instruments to surgeons during surgery
* Assist with minor medical procedure
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
* You must meet the NJ requirements under the Surgical Technologist law to be considered for this opportunity
* BLS is required
* 1-2 years of Cardiac OR experience is strongly preferred
* Must be a graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program and a Certified Surgical Tech
* The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year surgical scrub experience which is preferred
* National certification is preferred
* Must be self-starter who works well independently
* Time management and prioritizing skills a must
* Ability to multi task
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.