Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Part Time
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Behavioral Health Assistant is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The BHA assists with the admission, treatment and discharge of the inpatient behavioral health patient
* Interacts with the behavioral health patient using principles of therapeutic communication.
* Implements diversionary group activities, documenting patient response and participation
* Assists the Registered Nurse and Mental Health Professional with Wellness and Recovery groups.
* Reinforces the educational material initiated by the RN or Mental Health Professional.
* Participates in unit safety activities
* Under the direction of the Mental Health Professional helps implement the discharge plan including scheduling appointments for outpatient follow up
* Accompanies the admitted patient to any treatment or activity scheduled off the assigned unit
* Responds to any behavioral health emergency, assisting as needed.
* Bachelors Degree in a social science required.
* Prior experience working with behavioral health populations is preferred.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.