Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Shore Rehabilitation Institute is a 40 bed Acute Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health System. We offer comprehensive rehabilitation to individuals to regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Our emphasis is on maximizing functional independence in order to return patients to the community. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team collaborating to provide individualized quality intervention to a varied diagnostic population consisting of Stroke, Brain injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillian-Barre, Amputee, Cardiac post- surgical, pulmonary, complex orthopedics, and the medically complex. Shore Rehabilitation is currently Joint Commission and CARF certified, with Brain Injury and Stroke CARF specialty certifications.
Responsibilities include inpatient evaluation/re-evaluations, therapeutic intervention and discharge planning. Preparation for patient discharge includes: durable medical equipment coordination. Therapists provide clinical coverage to our OP program as needed. Other job duties include attendance in staff meetings, serve as a clinical instructor to PT students, and participate in program development through continued education and participation in facility program improvement committees. There is a strong emphasis on clinical advancement and quality care.
Physical Therapists at Shore Rehabilitation Institute always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, and Collaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Shore Rehabilitation Institute includes:
* Provides patient evaluations to develop a goal oriented functional treatment plan, addressing the patient s needs for a safe discharge to the community.
* Demonstrating competency/safety with clinical intervention
* Opportunity to treat a varied patient diagnostic caseload
* Individualized patient care treatments provided in a spacious therapy gym
* Generous equipment availability for therapeutic implementation including the technology of Zero G body support gait training and Bioness L300
* Physician led, interdisciplinary team collaboration for individualized patient centered care planning
* Peer support from an experienced staff with strength in collaboration for best practice patient care
* Electronic Medical Record for documentation efficiency
* Emphasis on customer service developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
* Participation in Integrated continued patient rehabilitation through SRI Outpatient program
* NJ PT license required
* Graduated from an APTA accredited program or equivalent.
* CPR BLS certification required
* Previous inpatient acute rehab experience preferred, sub-acute rehabilitation experience considered
* Good communication skills
* Strong team oriented work ethics
* Ability to navigate computer systems, be flexible/adaptable, and have a positive attitude
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and Abid passion to deliver best quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
* Availability for weekend and Holiday rotation is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.