Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST II - MY CHART
Requisition #: 283348
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Do any of these traits describe you: Confident, Ambitious, Independent, Problem solver, Enthusiastic, Friendly, Understanding, Team Player, Sociable then come be a part of a great organization that can help you thrive and succeed. We have great opportunities within our Patient Access Team that you could be a great fit for.
* Receive inbound contacts (calls, emails, faxes, etc.) from patients and physicians requesting services within JHMI.
* Coordinate complex appointment scheduling linking consults and ancillary services required for assigned specialty services within the department.
* Maintain patient demographic and insurance pre-registration information in appropriate department scheduling system(s).
* Interview callers to obtain a full understanding of what information is being requested.
* Provide high-quality customer service on every call.
* Promote teamwork and call center success.
* Responsible for satisfying the customer and maintaining the image of JHM.
* High school diploma or GED required. Minimum of two years of college preferred.
* Requires a minimum of two years related of experience in medical office, hospital, medical call center or similar customer service environment including a comparable level of administrative experience in the military.
* Ability to type 35 wpm preferred.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication.
* Requires the ability to work with diverse people.
* Requires working knowledge of PC Word processing, PC spreadsheets, and applications.
* Requires working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology.
* Requires working knowledge of effective interpersonal communication and service excellence.
* Certification on host systems EPIC, Meditech, OCIS, MOSAIC, and IDX as appropriate within the introductory period.
* Must be able to meet call performance, schedule adherence, data accuracy, and quality standards.
What Hopkins can do for you:
* A career in healthcare where you are playing a huge part in our mission The Promise of Medicine.
* The Patient Access Specialist II position offers a lot of opportunities to be involved in helping our patients and is also the beginning of our process to help heal our patients.
* Opportunities for growth in leadership, quality control, and project management positions as career paths.
* Gain new skills, knowledge, and additional experience in the healthcare field.
* This role will prepare you to become a great resource for our patients.
* We offer a variety of benefit options, including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance, plus flexible spending accounts to save you money on health care and dependent care expenses.
* As part of our comprehensive benefits package, employees receive paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, and certain circumstances like jury duty and bereavement.
* Employees who are interested in continuing their education may take part in our tuition assistance program. You could save thousands on a degree-seeking program while working for Hopkins.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.