Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
DIRECT THERAPIST / RBT - IHBS PLYMOUTH
Plymouth, MA, USA Req #3048
Friday, August 28, 2020
May Institute s In-home Behavioral Services division is currently seeking bachelors level Behavior Monitors to train parents, caregivers, and family members to implement strategies that will help them prevent and manage their youth s problem behaviors at home and in the community. As a Behavior Monitor, you will implement behavior reduction strategies as outlined in the behavior support plan. You will also be responsible for teaching family members and other caretakers how to implement these individualized interventions. Services are based on principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and behavioral parent training.
This position is part-time fee-for-service, and services will be provided in the Plymouth area. Candidates must be flexible in their scheduling, which may include weekend hours, based on the needs and availability of the families served.
In-home Behavioral Services include:
* A Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) for the youth
* An individualized Behavior Support Plan (BSP)
* Coaching and support for the youth s family/caregiver to implement the BSP
* Monitoring of the BSP to determine its effectiveness
* Coordination of care with other providers
* Provide a structured setting for learning new skills and eliminating problem behaviors
* Oversee the daily activities and ensure the health, safety, and general well-being of the student(s)
* Observe and analyze behavior and evaluate progress
* Provide treatment procedures as specified in student s treatment plan
* Provide support to families, including skills training and sibling services
* Bachelor s degree in a related field
* Demonstrated knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis
* Previous experience with social/emotional disabilities preferred
* Ability to work independently and as part of a wrap-around team
* Reliable transportation
* Pay Type Hourly
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.