Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The Medical Group Biller is responsible for the implementation of data and patient billing into the practice management system for the Medical Group. He / she works under the direct supervision of the Medical Group Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains patient confidentiality as it is described in the HIPAA Privacy Act
* Submits timely, accurate and compliant claims by utilizing the billing software.
* Responsible for patient billing as assigned by work flow
* Responsible for reviewing practitioner notes for appropriate documentation for accurate billing
* Reviews, investigates, addresses denials report timely and accurately
* Prepares reports from the practice management system as scheduled and/or requested
* Serves as back up to department as needed
* Serves as liaison between the Medical Group, hospital departments and patients with questions.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Group Manager and/or the Chief Executive Officer of the Medical Group
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS):
* High school education or equivalent; associates degree preferred.
* EPIC EMR experience
* Three to five years experience medical billing.
* Knowledge of third party billing regulations.
* Proficient time management and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Ability to problem-solve and work effectively as a team member.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Computer experience with high accuracy level of data entry
* Ability to operate general business office equipment
* Excellent telephone, organizational and customer service skills
* Organizational and problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Information management skills to communicate, explain, interpret and present data
* Physical Demands - Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
OTHER PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Completion of medical office courses
* Certification as Certified Professional Coder (CSC), Certified Coding Specialist-Professional (CCS-P), or Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS)
* Solid working knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding structures
* Previous experience in similar position or tenure at practice to accept this position
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.