Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Part Time
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST - PART TIME
The Bay School, Santa Cruz, California, 1026 Capitola Road, Santa Cruz, California, United States of America Req #3417
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
The Bay School has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Human Resource Generalist to support our staff and liaise with school and corporate management. This position will be the key human resource support for the school, responsible for recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement, benefits administration, managing leaves of absence, accommodation requests, workers compensation and handling employee relations matters. The school is part of the May Institute division of Educational Services and serves as one of the largest and most well-respected providers of special education services for children with autism and other special needs in the U.S.
* Facilitate the full recruitment and employment cycle, from reviewing resumes and interviewing applicants to processing new hire paperwork, maintaining personnel files, and processing exiting employees.
* Maintain a complete understanding of the benefits package, including structure, cost, eligibility, and enrollment processes. Manage open enrollment annually.
* Train employees on Dayforce.
* Process benefits and payroll paperwork for new and existing employees.
* Advise and counsel staff when concerns arise, ensuring consistent and fair practices throughout the school.
* Serve as the custodian of records for our background check program through the DOJ
* Help prepare for licensing and audit reviews.
* Conduct audits as needed. Monitor and ensure requirements, trainings, certifications, and licenses are up to date for current employees.
* Participate in leadership and HR meetings.
* Educate employees and managers on their rights under Workers Compensation and FMLA. Manage both processes for the school.
* Communicate personnel changes that may affect payroll and paid time off
* Make recommendations (in conjunction with corporate HR) to managers regarding disciplinary action; conduct investigations as needed
* Represent The Bay School at unemployment hearings
* Create and promote best practices in reducing staff turnover and boosting morale
* Bachelor degree in a related field
* SHRM or PHR Certification preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of human resources experience
* Good working knowledge of CA labor and employment laws and practices
* Familiarity with the California Teacher Credentialing requirements preferred
* Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Required Education Bachelor s Degree