Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR- WEYMOUTH
Weymouth, MA, USA Req #2626
Thursday, September 3, 2020
The May Center School in Randolph is looking for a Residential Counselor to be responsible for the administrative, operational, and clinical functions of a group home for children, ages 5-22, with autism, PDD, and other developmental disabilities. Some of our students reside in May Institute homes and are supported by staff during all non-school hours. Direct Support Professionals and Program Coordinators work with children in their residence to facilitate development of play, social, and independent living skills using principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA).
This position is a great stepping stone towards pursuing an advanced degree in behavior analysis, psychology, or special education and May Institute will work with you to help you achieve your goals. We provide tuition assistance and loan reimbursement to employees pursuing degrees. In addition, May Institute has relationships with local universities where you can earn a Master s Degree in Behavior Analysis and Special Education while working with us.
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION INVOLVING 21 HOURS A WEEK, FRIDAY TO SUNDAY.
* Skill development and community integration
* Assisting individuals in meeting their personal care and nutritional needs
* Behavioral interventions
* Participating in the development of IEP/ISP objectives and documenting consumer progress
* Dispensing medications
* Bachelor s degree in a related field preferred
* Previous human services experience required in lieu of degree
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Valid driver s license and two years of driving experience
* Pay Type Hourly
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.