Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
This software position focuses on the design and development of applications, application-level frameworks, utilities and tools for all aspects of credential-based issuance and authentication systems with specific emphasis on the evaluation and development of identity management solutions. The position involves both product-oriented and solution-oriented engineering disciplines.
Work includes both enhancement of current product suite software and the customization, deployment, and troubleshooting of the same for specific programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Understand and communicate market/product/customer requirements through development of functional specifications and other related design documentation.
* Evaluate current product data capture and authentication capabilities with respect to speed and accuracy, and help define implementation and optimization techniques based on organic and/or third party solutions.
* Design and develop application software, interfaces, and object-oriented classes in C# using Visual Studio.
* Work with small team of developers and QA engineers using evolving processes, including agile, to produce software components.
* Integrate devices based on internal and/or third party SDKs.
* Maintain legacy software including enhancements and bug fixes.
* Practice strong testing techniques.
* Create and maintain technical documentation on the designs, implementation, and deployment scenarios.
* Interact with other developers, Systems Engineers, Program Managers, QA, and Integration Engineers.
* Interface with partners and customers for integration, deployment and troubleshooting.
* Bachelors in technology discipline.
* 3+ years working in a field related to the role being sourced.
* Self-motivated, inquisitive individual who works well in a small team.
* Experience with multiple user application frameworks and integration environments including C#, .Net, XML, Visual C++, COM/DCOM.
* Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or later, including deployment projects and MSI installers.
* Fluent with Microsoft Office.
* Experience analyzing and correcting software performance issues.
* Knowledge of digital image processing algorithms, image handling techniques and optimizations, image acquisition and storage/retrieval.
* SDK/API development.
* Object-oriented class design and implementation.
* Common design patterns for both SDK and application development.
* Software documentation experience (designs, specifications, etc.).
* Good planning and organizational skills.
* Effective communication skills to support technical customer interaction.
* Ability to work with QA team for efficient issue resolution.
* VB/VB.Net and COM+ application environments.
* Perforce source code control, TestTrack defect tracking, TinderBox build management, and Fortify source code scanning.
* Knowledge of digital image processing algorithms such as Optical Character Recognition (OCR), barcode recognition, general pattern recognition, image location, registration, rotation/de-skewing, and color analysis.
* Image handling optimization techniques such as compression/decompression, on-demand retrievals, and multi-threaded processing.
* Understanding of tradeoffs between image quality/resolution and image acquisition and storage/retrieval performance and storage capacity overhead.
* Experience in design and development of lighting systems for imaging products and solutions related to document imaging and machine vision applications.
* Working familiarity with image analysis/processing tools and SDKs such as Photoshop, DirectX, Gimp, and Matlab.
* Optics hardware platforms, video/imaging technology, USB and related software.
* DSP programming; device driver implementation and/or signing.
* Knowledge and experience with agile development and documentation concepts and methods.
* Web services design, programming and debugging.
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship may be allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..