Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
FOR OVER A CENTURY, NEW BALANCE HAS INSPIRED ATHLETES AND COMMUNITIES OF ALL KINDS IN THEIR PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE. WE INNOVATE FEARLESSLY, GUIDED BY OUR CORE VALUES AND WE ARE DRIVEN BY THE BELIEF THAT CONVENTIONS WERE MEANT TO BE CHALLENGED. WE SEEK LEADERS AND PIONEERS BECAUSE THERE S NO TIME TO WAIT AROUND FOR NEXT. AT NEW BALANCE, WE GOT NOW.
The Senior Marketing Manager will lead the strategic global development of the basketball category at New Balance. This key role will continue to drive the momentum created by the brand s entrance into the category and will work tirelessly to evolve NB s positioning and differentiation within the basketball culture and landscape.
The Senior Manager will lead a team devoted to calculated risk taking in marketing communications, ensuring break-through, challenger-brand messaging; driving best-in-class go-to-market strategy and execution; leading delivery of new asset strategy and activation; and establishing optimal asset utilization. The Senior Marketing Manager is accountable for driving vision and executing strategy, delivering results, cross-business influence and coordination.
* Develop and lead long-term, over-arching global strategy for basketball marketing that filters down into regional execution
* Create and execute individual multi-year activation plans for basketball athletes inclusive of their performance category obligation and status as lead brand ambassadors
* Provide visible leadership across the organization as a go-to for New Balance Basketball
* Partner closely with departments in Boston and internationally, including sports marketing, product development, digital, and PR
* Collaborate with visual merchandising, retail marketing and regional teams to bring the vision for New Balance Basketball and its athletes to life in e-commerce and retail environments
* Accountable for annual calendar / brand / channel campaign and execution
* Negotiates significant collaborations and media partnerships
* High level of decision making, sign off, authority & discretion
* Effectively plans workload & delegation across our growing basketball marketing department
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
* BA required, MBA preferred
* 10+ years relevant marketing experience
* Significant knowledge of the basketball landscape and culture greatly preferred
* Experience developing marketing strategy in North America and China greatly preferred
* Ability to navigate a global organization across many functions
* Extensive marketing experience including brand strategy & positioning, product launch & marketing plan execution, post campaign analysis, use of innovative marketing techniques & tools
* Able to balance multi-year planning with execution
* Experience leading and developing a sizeable team
OUR PRODUCTS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WE HIRE, SO WE MAKE SURE TO HIRE THE BEST AND TREAT THEM ACCORDINGLY. IN ADDITION TO A COMPREHENSIVE TRADITIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE (MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K, ETC.) WE PROUDLY OFFER A SLATE OF MORE NONTRADITIONAL PERKS OPPORTUNITIES LIKE ON/OFFSITE SEMINARS, CUSTOMIZED TEAM BUILDING SESSIONS, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, AND VARIOUS MENTORSHIP PROGRAMS THAT ENCOURAGE OUR ASSOCIATES TO GROW PERSONALLY AS THEY DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY. YOU LL ALSO ENJOY A FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE, GYM DISCOUNTS, FITNESS REIMBURSEMENTS, AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, BECAUSE WORK-LIFE BALANCE IS MORE THAN JUST A BUZZWORD IT S PART OF OUR CULTURE.
Learn more about our Benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NEW BALANCE PROVIDES EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE ASSOCIATES AND TAKES AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO ENSURE THAT EMPLOYMENT, TRAINING, COMPENSATION, TRANSFER, PROMOTION AND OTHER TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVILEGES OF EMPLOYMENT ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, HANDICAP, GENETIC INFORMATION AND/OR STATUS AS AN ARMED FORCES SERVICE MEDAL VETERAN, RECENTLY SEPARATED VETERAN, QUALIFIED DISABLED VETERAN OR OTHER PROTECTED VETERAN.