Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Military Instructor, Senior Full Stack Developer
* This is a remote position which can be worked from any state that Galvanize operates.
Military Instructors at Galvanize don't just teach: they guide. Not just the hard skills - they dig into personality types, habits, and learning styles. Our instructors don't just talk the talk; they lead by example and immerse students in Agile culture and growth mindset.
Galvanize is looking for passionate instructors that are interested in teaching the fundamentals of modern web development. You will have opportunities to teach new programmers how to build software to solve the challenges that face our Military, as well as upskilling current developers on modern Agile (XP), DevSecOps, and the cloud.
As a Military Software Engineering Instructor, you will:
* Lead lectures and class activities and support students during project work.
* Plan daily lessons and assess students on an ongoing basis.
* Contribute to curriculum development.
* Participate in product feedback for the internal learning management system
* Provide students with a meaningful training experience in the classroom.
* Work alongside Galvanize staff in providing prompt feedback on student progress.
* Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
* Teach and plan a full work week.
* Work closely with co-instructors to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
* Experience working with Agile or XP teams - pair programming experience a plus.
* Thrives in a continuous feedback environment and welcomes feedback from students and other instructors.
* Previous background in teaching and/or mentoring developers - or a deep interest in giving it a try.
* Eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of individuals and organizations.
* Great communication skills.
* 1+ years experience in web development, teaching or contributing.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.