Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
WHO ARE WE*
K12 Produces Results
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Summary: Researches, organizes, monitors and distributes information for quality staffing and state laws. Conducts research related to state certification requirements. Organizes and participates in interviews. Manages information databases, conducts audits.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Organize and verify accuracy of course management database to ensure individual courses are assigned to the correct certified teacher, according to state laws;
* Informs leadership of unique state requirements/laws to drive the development of State Student Achievement Improvement Plan;
* System data entry and maintenance (CAST, TCMS, etc.)
* Ensures certification submissions meet requirements for all new hires and re-certifications (e.g. legal evidence of cert, validation of cert type for subject, in good standing and current);
* Fluency with State Department of Education for assigned states and impact on staffing and instructional implementation;
* Manages teacher cross-certification;
* Conducts and reports certification audits, quarterly;
* Posts and monitors approved requisitions
* Processes resignation cases and closing of accounts;
* Collaborates with K12 Compliance Team;
* Actively contributes and participates in training and professional development
* Will carry teaching assignments
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory duties
Other Duties & Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
* Serves on IST Interview Committee;
* Serves as point of contact with recruiting;
* Collaborates with other team member to identify teacher of the month and teacher of the year; implements staff morale and retention initiatives;
* Other duties as assigned;
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree preferred
* Experience minimum of 1 year supervisory or coaching direct reports OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Valid teaching certificate.
Other Required Qualifications:
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 10% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Ability to renew teaching certificate
Desired Qualifications: Strong knowledge of all instructional platforms, course catalog, Instructional Services Team Teacher Guidelines. Documented participation and/or delivery of professional development.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.