Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 6.8 billion in 2019 and about 14,300 employees in 33 countries. The company is currently represented at 60+ production sites worldwide. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics.
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 21 locations in 10 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
* Ensure compliance with U.S., Canadian and Mexican federal and state rules and regulations through preparation of Safety Data Sheets and hazard warning labels. Ensure trade secret compliance with Canada's Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission (HMIRC).
* Investigates and prepares responses to customer questions/concerns in an accurate and timely fashion. Interprets US and Canadian regulations and uses LANXESS product composition and data to determine the correct response to the customers regulatory questions. Interprets toxicological/exposure data as necessary for understanding the relevance to the regulations and the risk associated with, and/or safe use of LANXESS products.
* Assists with coordination of preparing standard customer responses. Prepares data and advises on the preparation of and the design of Regulatory Data Sheets.
* Communicates with colleagues in other HSEQ regional hubs to assist with the maintenance of global SAP EHS database.
* Influences Business Units to accomplish compliance objectives while maintaining a balance between good business practices and regulatory compliance
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or related science field. Chemistry course work above general chemistry is required. Master's degree in related science field is desirable.
* Demonstrate technical knowledge in hazard communication and toxicology. Knowledge of current regulatory requirements under regulations such as the following is essential: UN GHS (Globally Harmonized System), OSHA Hazard Communication Standard GHS, WHMIS (Workplace Hazard Material Information System) GHS, and Mexico NOM-018-STPS -2015 GHS criteria. Working knowledge of Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) and REACH, U.S. and Canadian transportation classifications (including DOT, TDG, IMDG, ICAO).
* Intermediate college level knowledge of chemistry
* Individual problem-solving skills necessary for evaluating the product chemistry and understanding of chemical manufacturing/processes.
* Displays strong interpersonal skills in order to provide effective customer service and compliance with regulatory deadlines even when working under tight time constraints.
* Able to communicate with all levels of management throughout LANXESS and to relate proactively with customers and vendors, governmental, and non-governmental organization representatives.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and experience using SAP EH&S or another equivalent SDS authoring database.
What we offer you:
* Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
* Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
* Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global Xwork program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
* Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Join the LANXESS team!
Must include a resume.