Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
Sacramento, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA Req #4167
Monday, September 14, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Reporting to the Western Region Sales Manager for ICI product lines, the DISTRICT SALES MANAGER is a remote position responsible for direct sales and promotion of Metl-Span ICI products to qualified installing Contractors including General Contractors, Architectural firms, Engineering firms, Design Build firms, and targeted Owners/Developers. Executing an assigned sales plan to meet and exceed territory quota and target goals. Supporting and growing customers within assigned territory providing quotations and technical support, customer service and promotion of specification of Metl-Span products. Working with the West Region Business Development Manager by participating or conducting lunch and learn presentations with qualified design firms and customers. Supporting activities that align with Metl-Span growth initiatives. Attending and presenting Metl-Span products at local, regional and national tradeshows and CSI/AIA events. Weekly planned travel within the assigned geographic territory is required with face-to-face sales calls to all client groups. Provide follow up on all leads generated through marketing efforts, E-lead program or other sources provided by Metl-Span. Discipline pipeline sales management activities through use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and actively communicates weekly and report activities with Western Region Sales Manager.
As a DISTRICT SALES MANAGER, I am accountable to the West Region Sales Manager for:
* Developing lasting, mutually beneficial customer relationships with qualified installing contractors and general contractors for Metl-Span products, Cornerstone Building Brands affiliates companies and internal Metl-Span departments and sales associates
* Meet or exceed annual sales goals assigned and business development goals through strengthen and growing qualified installing contractor and general contractors
* Development of targeted architectural firms, engineering firms, design build firms and owners for specification efforts aligned with Business Development strategic direction of Metl-Span
* Planning cost effective business travel and business activities throughout the assigned territory
* Taking quick action on customer concerns, investigating situations and solutions
* Demonstrating skills necessary for respectful communications, active listening, effective presentations and collaboration with independent representatives to secure specifications position and close orders
* Effective time management and a high degree of personal accountability.
* Position requires driving opportunities through the sales pipeline from early inception to close using teamwork and collaboration with internal departments and support teams
* Working with peers and management in a way that leads to a culture of best outcome, for Metl-Span/Cornerstone Building Brands rather than a specific department
* Weekly and monthly reporting of opportunity and business activities
* Bachelors degree preferred - engineering/technical degree or certification
* Minimum 5 years experience promoting commercial construction materials products
* Demonstrable evidence of business acumen and confident communication skills
* Weekly travel is required within the assigned territory.
* Occasional air travel is required for national and regional sales meetings.
* Proficient in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft CRM
* Business management including value added project and price negotiation skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* This role is of a sales professional who understands the sales and specification processes and thrives on the direct promotion of Metl-Span products to architects, building owners, engineering firms and design build contractors with a consistent winning attitude and focus.
* Knowledge of the construction process, practices, procedures and documents.
* Knowledge of CSI specification and ability to read architectural drawings
* Ability to develop territory assigned and effectively increase Metl-Span specification base
* A combination of technical and interpersonal skill sets are necessary to be successful
* Actively pursues learning of building envelope construction and competitive products to confidently propose / present Metl-Span products to target customers
* TRAVEL REQUIRED*This position requires significant vehicle travel and is an essential function of the position. Our expense tracking and reporting requires that you be issued an American Express (AMEX) card to charge business expenses and manage your travel. The issuance of these cards is based generally upon your credit worthiness as determined by AMEX. Please understand that if you are unable to qualify for a card, we will not be able to consider you for the position. The Company cannot accept liability for card balances by backing transactions through financial guarantees. Any offer of employment is conditional on meeting this requirement, in addition to a negative drug test result, and an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) check and criminal history background check.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Sales
* Pay Type Salary