Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SR ANALYSIS ENGINEERING ANALYST-ENGINEERING-005509
Lithia Springs, GA, USA Req #5005
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Responsible for the development, implementation and documentation of the manufacturing process.
Facilitates the manufacture of all products through continuous process improvement. Implements new processes to accommodate new part introduction or increased sales. Reduces material waste, improves quality, increases output and decreases downtime to improve profitability.
* Designs the ability to produce a quality product into the process.
* Develop measurement systems required to measure facilities metrics or key process indicators.
* Identify and analyze manufacturing problems to control and improve manufacturing.
* Initiate, manage & participate in safety, quality, cost & process control improvement projects.
* Participates in the team process development concept.
* Designs and/or sources equipment for manufacturing processes.
* Manages capital budget projects as assigned.
* Assists R & D effort to implement new products or process into production.
* Develops all necessary process and audit documentation (i.e. FMEAs Control Plans, Capability
* Studies, Balanced Line Capacity Models, Flow Analysis, etc.).
* Assesses existing processes for areas of improvement utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts (Kaizen, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, etc.) Six Sigma, designed experiment techniques, capability studies, etc.
* Follows all city, state and federal regulatory legislation (RE: OSHA, EPA, RCRA, UST s; CERCLA, ECRA, SARA, DOT, etc.).
* Evaluates and recommends implementation of competitive technology.
* Leads, where applicable, or works in conjunction with plant maintenance to ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained and updated consistent with short and long term goals and objectives.
* Provides training, as required, to associates.
* Leads, where applicable, or works in conjunction with Quality Assurance, to monitor and document quality standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Technology/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Three or more years experience in process/manufacturing engineering.
* Experience working with AutoCAD or Inventor preferred.
* Specific technical knowledge may be required as applicable, cementitious, fenestration, extrusion, etc.
* Safety and quality minded.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Self-motivated and team oriented.
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
* Knowledge of MS Office applications required.
Minimal travel required.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Engineering
* Pay Type Salary
* Travel Required Yes
* Required Education Bachelor s Degree