Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Omni Viking Lakes Hotel in Eagan, MN is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Banquet Houseperson to join the pre-opening team of this brand new upscale hotel just outside of Minneapolis and St. Paul. This team member will ensure our function rooms are set according to guest expectation and Omni Standards. Housepersons are responsible for set up, tear down, and clean all space associated with banquets and conventions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our founding team as the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel prepares for its inaugural opening, this October!
* Cleans Function Rooms Prior to Set-up.
* Set up, stock, and maintain meeting rooms
* Provides required amenities, as dictated by Banquet Department Standards.
* Refreshes meeting rooms during and in-between meal and coffee breaks.
* Breaks down meeting rooms as soon as possible after end of function.
* Completes Special Projects as directed by department management.
* Moves convention material boxes, programs, etc. from hotel receiving docks, registration areas, sleeping rooms, or suites.
* Cares for banquet equipment.
* Accommodates special customer needs, hanging banners for meetings and food/beverage functions.
* Respond to last-minute requests, and communicate changes to appropriate departments.
* Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO s).
* Fulfills assigned tasks to ensure that function rooms meet all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met.
* Walls, baseboards, and light fixtures cleaned.
* Room to be vacuumed thoroughly.
* Drapes to be hung properly.
* Lighting and temperature control to client's request.
* Banquet equipment.
* Tablecloths and skirting to be cleaned and pressed.
* Uniformity among all set-ups in accordance.
* Ensures that cleanliness and order of all storage and back of house areas is to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
* Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures, as well as all associate safety trainings.
* Attend department meetings and other company required trainings.
* Complete other duties as assigned by management.
* Previous banquet experience in a high volume, upscale hotel preferred.
* Must have exceptional guest service skills.
* High School Diploma preferred.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must have a strong attention to detail, be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment
* Ability to multitask and portray a friendly demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
* Must consistently demonstrate a teamwork-oriented and positive attitude.
* Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands and arms.
* Must be able to push, pull, stoop, bend and lift items of significant weight, up to 50lbs minimum.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.