Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Center for Operational Resource Efficiency (CORE) is currently hiring a Nurse Manager for Patient Flow. CORE works with patient care areas, support services, administration, nursing, medical staff and others to implement strategies to ensure seamless access and capacity management, including efficient patient flow, patient transfer, and patient transport. Goals of CORE include improving care coordination, enhancing patient safety and quality, and driving the right setting of care. The department defines the analytics required to predict and drive decisions in real time. Metrics are tracked and outcomes reported to sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for maintaining clinical operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies, procedures and practice. The Nurse Manager operates in a busy, high-stress environment, and must be able to make stressful decisions promptly.
Minimum Requirements include:
* 5 years of Nursing experience
* 3 years of Leadership/Management/Supervisory experience
This position includes, but is not limited to the following essential functions.
* The Nurse Manager will leverage strong communication, analytical, organizational, change leadership, quality and process improvement, and project management skills to identify, design, produce and distribute and maintain patient flow intelligence solutions aligned to patient flow strategic goals, target metrics and best practices to drive clinical transformation.
* Collaborates with the Transfer Center Manager, Transfer Center Medical Director, medical staff and nursing in clinical evaluation and prioritization of transfers into and within the Jefferson Health Enterprise.
* The Nurse Manager is responsible for working with Jefferson departments, physicians, nurses, case managers, social workers, the Transfer Center and JeffSTAT, patients, and their families to coordinate patient flow.
* The Nurse Manager also works with members of hospital administration, hospital committees, and other members of the Jefferson Health management team, such as departmental directors and managers, medical directors, physicians, nurse managers, and nursing supervisors.
* The Nurse Manager is responsible for managing employees according to established key performance indicators (KPIs) and filling vacancies in the work schedule and shall be prepared to work shifts if a staff member cannot be found.
* The Nurse Manager Patient Flow is accountable for employee performance KPIs, in addition to defined quality measures, i.e. assignment/ placement times, ED and PACU boarding, and quality and patient safety metrics.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
PAR REFERENCE CODE
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.