Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SHIFT: FULL-TIME, 7A-7P
Under limited administrative direction, supervises nursing staff and provides expert nursing care to patients with health problems ranging from complex to multi-complex.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Supervises nursing staff on a shift and ensures safe and effective nursing care is provided to assigned patients.
* Ensures the oncoming shift has adequate nursing personnel to meet identified patient care needs; arranges for staff to work overtime shifts for personnel shortages based on minimum staffing requirements; assists in the development of monthly personnel schedules.
* Assists in determining work assignments based on nursing resources and identified patient care needs.
* Assists with revision of policies and procedures.
* Evaluates, documents and counsels staff on a designated shift regarding job requirements and work performance; assists with employee evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
* Conducts meetings with staff on a designated shift to discuss patient care and unit concerns.
* Ensures educational offerings and experiences are available to staff.
* Develops quality assurance indicators.
* If pertinent to the area, will be responsible for updating operating room procedure cards for specialty areas.
* Ensures orientation of new employees to a unit.
* Monitors productivity targets established by the department.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Graduation from an approved school of nursing. BSN required.
EXPERIENCE: 1.5 years experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting which includes at least 6 months charge experience.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Possession of a valid temporary or permanent Oklahoma license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. (Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment). BLS (American Heart Association) certification required upon hire. ACLS (American Heart Association) required within 1 year of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and standards plus the principles of supervision. Skill in planning and organizing nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills, maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.