Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, provides nursing care in a hospital to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients.
* Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order on assigned patients.
* Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment.
* Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when necessary.
* Administers medication as prescribed. Initiates, regulates and monitors intravenous infusions and blood products.
* Delivers patient care competently.
* Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in the hospital and at time of discharge.
* Informs patient and family of hospital procedures.
* Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel.
* Delegates tasks to support staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)/REGISTRATION(S) REQUIRED: Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC). Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (American Heart Association) required within 6 months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques. Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors. Some computer skills.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.