Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We re the world s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we ve been expecting you!
The Product Management organization at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is chartered to define, design and manage the timely launch, and manage the product lifecycle technical and financial performance, of market-leading products and services that improve PAC competitive positioning, accelerate revenue growth and maximize earnings. Reporting to VP of Product Management, the Senior Director Connectivity Product Line Management is responsible for an assigned line of products. Each line of products is interfaced with a line of business (i.e., business unit) in a matrix fashion. The Senior Director Connectivity Product Management will be held accountable for meeting product life-cycle performance metrics in supporting Business Units objectives, while integrating cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Marketing, Supply Chain, Technical Services, Finance, Account Management and Sales. The Senior Director Connectivity Product Line Management is also responsible for developing a high-performing team of product managers and technical product managers, defining/optimizing operating, product management, and relevant quality management processes, setting and measuring annual performance goals and long-term business objectives.
* Partners with executive business leaders to define and optimize product line strategy that positions PAC as a technology differentiator in the market.
* Responsible for leading multiple teams of product managers within the product line to define product offering (make/buy/partner), positioning, product competitive analysis, technology/product roadmap, business cases, value pricing, Go-To-Market plan across the targeted market segments.
* Leads multiple product teams within the product line to develop, decompose, and allocate product requirements (technical and non-technical) to cross-functional teams.
* Provides sales collaterals to Sales and Accountment teams. Partners to develop channel strategy and channel effectiveness metrics.
* Establish effective measurements and continuous improvement operating process at product line level to manage integrated product lifecycle performance, product quality/delivery/reliability, cost reduction, obsolescence, and strategic resource allocation.
* Partners with Product Management Process leader to mature Product Management roles in cross-functional decision making, such as, pricing, make/buy, R&D prioritization, design reviews, manufacturing reviews, supplier qualification, IP protection, IP licensing, M&A.
* Works with Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to improve cost estimate accuracy, identify opportunities for productivity improvement, and drive for insertion of innovative effective design/certification methodologies. Escalate issues when necessary.
* Responsible for organization development, employee performance, succession planning, and strategic workforce planning.
* Conducts frequent and effective employee communications. Takes initiatives to improve employee engagement, promote diversity, enhance compliance culture.
* Spends time to identify, develop, and mentor talents. Work with employees to develop individualized career development plan. Continuously improves teams performance, retention, and positive attitude.
* Other tasks when assigned.
* A change agent who has demonstrated success in leading sizeable teams through transformation.
* An integrative thinker who is effective at making decisions with seemingly conflicting information, in a matrix operating structure.
* A situational leader who balances driving results and developing people at different situations.
* An influential leader who learns all the time, embraces diversity, communicates effectively, collaborates across functions, drives results aggressively.
* An analytical thinker who is able to organize data into logical fashion, and present insights in concise way to business leaders.
* An executive business leader who understands IFEC and/or Digital Aviation market trends, business models; has demonstrated success in product positioning, go-to-market plan, value pricing, product/technology roadmap, competitive strategy, new product launch, financial analysis (income, cash flow), and business valuation.
* A lead-by-influence practitioner who is good at driving cross-functional project teams to meet demanding cost/schedule/scope objectives.
* A global growth champion who embraces listening to customers and is skillful of translating customer needs.
* A technologist who understands and innovates in dependable computing, networking, software architecture, analytics; has dealt with at least 2 different products.
* Strong executive presence.
* Highest level of integrity, honesty, and credibility.
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Marketing with 15+ year working experience in Aviation (or relevant), Digital industries.
* MBA degree preferred.
* Experience as the Head of Product Management is preferred.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in strategic marketing, product marketing, product management, or business development.
* Minimum 8 years of employee management experience.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in the IFEC industry preferred.
* Familiar with IFE or avionics airplane installation projects, airline operations and/or electronics manufacturing preferred.
* Travel as needed to customers both domestic & internationally.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.