Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Clearance required: TS/SCI with polygraph
Provide technical support to the SIGINT Forensics Center (SFC), Strategic Technology and Advanced Concepts (STAAC) Division. Support shall include loading data from various computer media into the SFC s local storage system; entering background data in the SFC s internal database; and initiating automated processing scripts.
* Initiate Forensics processing scripts (run via Linux command line)
* Input and/or update background data in the internal SFC tracking database
* Initiate automated processing for SFC tracking database
* Copy images from a server to local storage
* Troubleshoot and communicate with customers if data is corrupted or incompatible
* Most work is during core business hours of normal business days; after hours surge efforts and on-call efforts.
* Performs research on current and future technology trends
* Identifies and analyzes new technologies and methods to assist near-term and medium-term Strategic technology development Initiatives
Two plus (2+) years of Systems Administration experience, with preferably one year of experience with systems administration in a Linux environment. The candidate shall have technical experience/knowledge of shell script development and debugging, VMWare and/or virtual box, backup methods and backup formats.
Meet all qualifications associated with IAT Level I, to include one or more of these certifications:
* A+ CE
* Network+ CE
* Experience using Linux command line interface
* Understanding of file systems (concept of files/folders/symbolic links/permissions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard, commands like file + mount , what is FAT/NTFS/etc)
* Able to write basic shell scripts (e.g. bash, csh, etc), (create some variables, pass them as parameters to system commands and PERL scripts)
* Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skill
* Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under general direction
* General application and operating system trouble shooting experience
* Must be detail-oriented
These skills are a plus:
* Understanding of Windows files systems
* Experience debugging PERL (at least enough to figure out what input parameters are needed in case the original instructions for how to call the PERL code aren t completely right)
* Experience with open source or COTS forensics tools like eNcase, FTKImager, TestDisk, other things on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_forensics_tools
* Knowledge of SIGINT Forensics Center
* Must possess strong analytic skills
Job CategorySystems Administration
PCI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.