Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Title: Systems Engineer - HP-UX
Location: Boston area (multiple locations)
Duration: 1 year contract
Working within the framework of established operating procedures, this position is accountable for providing technical support for the corporate HP-UX based systems across the many system platforms in use. Activities will include operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and optimization of server software and hardware. Participation in corporate wide projects and occasional leadership of departmental projects will also be required on a regular basis.
Essential functions occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to evaluate each essential function and prioritize appropriately and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and judicious basis. The ability to comprehend, apply, document and educate policies consistently is also crucial.
* Lead and/or assist in the development of technical projects. Perform implementation tasks associated with both existing and newly acquired systems and related software. 35%
* Assist in the ongoing analysis of current and future enterprise hardware and software platforms. Make recommendations for optimization, integration and procurement of new and future technologies. 20%
* Perform system maintenance and administration tasks in keeping with departmental guidelines and standards. 20%
* Provide technical support to I.S. and other departments on an ongoing basis. Ensure that systems and peripherals are seamlessly interfaced and integrated with HP platforms as well as other corporate business systems. Ensure the delivery of high quality service to customers in accordance with established procedures and Service Level Agreements. 20%
* Attend technical training as required to ensure administrative knowledge of new technologies is obtained. 5%
Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent business experience is required. A HP-UX System Administration certification is preferred, but not required. Additional Dell/EMC Storage, Microsoft, and/or Linux experience is helpful.
Requires five or more years of experience in providing HP-UX based hardware and software support and configuration. Experience with the EMC Disk Arrays and associated system hardware and software package(s) is required.
Requires analytical and technical ability to understand the managed care business and the ability to interact effectively with others for systems analysis purposes. Requires an understanding of the role of information systems within business. Requires a conceptual understanding of current and emerging computer and networking technologies pertinent to business and information systems.
Occasional travel to remote sites is required. Occasional weekend or evening work may be required for non-intrusive completion of departmental projects or objectives.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.