Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Our Cincinnati based client is looking for a UX/UI (User Experience and User Interaction) designer to join their 5-person Digital Product Team - specifically with design functions for high-visibility projects in an innovative digital space, upgrading and supporting customer-facing DTC/eComm the clientb-based platforms. Qualified candidates will have experience to encompass both unique skillsets
Overview: The client is seeking a candidate for a blended User Experience (UX) and User Interaction (UI) designer role to support their Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Beauty eComm businesses. This role will be part of a team working towards an exciting redesigns of DTC experiences for portfolio of innovative brands. It is an exciting opportunity to partner with developers, product management, designers, and testers to chart a course between the vision and reality and deliver a stellar product for our customers.
Scope of the Role: The successful candidate is scrappy and must have exceptional problem solving and design thinking skills, strong ability to advocate for users through design and collaborating with technology teams. You meditate to the mantra, \\"You ≠ User.\\" You'll partner with a multi-functional team of engineers, product managers, and brand stakeholders (aka founders) to design consumer-facing digital product shopping experiences in a fun, fast-paced, start-up environment.
You obsess over our consumers' problems and are results-driven -- excelling at balancing both high-level strategy and detailed execution. You conduct user interviews, user testing, and research and always bring the team back to the problem you're solving and who you're solving it for. You create journey maps, user flows, and visualize requirements in wireframes or prototypes. You lead experiments and listen to the data to uncover our consumer's likes, needs and values -- and iterate designs accordingly. You create designs that are accessible, usable and consistent throughout the entire experience.
Detailed Role Description:
* Represents the voice of the user, creating and iterating design solutions based in user-centered design, user research, and analytics
* Designs with Accessibility (AA compliance requirements) in mind
* Creates designs that are responsive across user device types
* Communicates and presents designs to brand stakeholders and digital product team to gather feedback and
* Creates personas and storyboards
* Determines information architecture and creates/updates sitemaps
* Organizes visibly the priority of communication to inform design layout
* Delivers brand intent and interactions in usable, consistent form
* Creates user flows, prototypes and wireframes
* UX Copywriting (content development, develops user friendly copy in the Brand's TOV)
* Translates experiences across device types (desktop, mobile)
* Partner with dev to ensure clean design handoff (design intent and functionality is clear)
* Reviews and tests design
* Maintains and updates all design files to reflect all current states and interactions
* Maintains design & component libraries
* Delivers outstanding User Experiences by championing industry heuristics for User Interface design
* Listens for User Feedback: Crazy Egg / Google Analytics / Optimize / Consumer feedback
* Interprets both quantitative data and qualitative feedback
* Partners with Product Manager to inform priorities and opportunities for improvement and innovation
* Embraces Agile methodologies- fail fast (learn!) and iterate
* Deep understanding of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) best practices, heuristics and trends (NN/g, Baymard, etc)
* Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise on omnichannel asset strategy & creation: photos, icons, videos
* Overall Industry Experience: Mid-level, Junior (~3-5 years' experience)
* Minimum 3 years' experience in relevant in UX or UI function required.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* 3-5 years UX/UI/UXR experience
* Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment
* Ability to operate with discipline while managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to balance high-level strategy and hands-on-keyboard detailed execution of work
* Direct-to-Consumer and/or Online Retail Expertise
* Iterative Product Development (Agile/Scrum)
* NN/g Certification(s)
Desired Workflow Experience
* Google Analytics
* Crazy Egg
* Adobe Creative Suite
* User Testing, Usability Hub, etc
* Familiarity with HTML/CSS or other programming languages
* (Preferred) Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento or similar
* Degree, certification or equivalent experience in Interaction Design, HCI, Design, Engineering or related field.
NN/g Certification(s) is a plus.
* Advanced degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or a related field
* Experience within consumer products industry
* Any experience with UX methodologies (User Testing, Journey Maps, User Flows etc.)
* Understanding of and experience with agile development best practices
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.