Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Title: Billing Technical Project Manager
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Technical Project Manager
Client's Personal Risk Services IT group is looking for a highly motivated Technical Lead and Project Manager/Scrum Master possessing a strong background in Mainframe and Distributed Systems development with the ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate brings broad technical expertise and strong leadership skills. This candidate is responsible for actively participating in and driving technical conversations, leading/coaching Kanban and/or Scrum teams, removing obstacles and orchestrating sprint plans that are executable in a rapid development environment. The Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master will play a key role in delivering highly available \\"always on\\" applications and high-quality products for our personal insurance business partners, internal users and end customers.
KEY OBJECTIVES FOR THE POSITION:
* Responsible for development and maintenance work in our Billing application value stream
* Servant leader for a Kanban and/or Scrum team(s) of Product Owners, Application Developers, and Test Automation Engineers; Garners team respect and is willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
* Collaborates with Product Managers/Owners, Architects, Software Engineers and Quality Engineers to develop the best solutions and improve time to market while ensuring project quality goals are achieved
* Interfaces with all areas affected by a project or work effort including stakeholders (internal and external) and enterprise wide centers of excellence; Coordinates dependencies with other scrum teams and trains
* Responsible for maintaining positive business relationships, influencing business partner requests/decisions and managing expectations
* Provides technical expertise, removes obstacles and leads/facilitates the troubleshooting of problems in development, test and overall execution
* Ensures compliance with software development and quality engineering best practices, as well as, IT audit/compliance and IT security policies and standards
* Drives the agile process, monitors team workflow and provides guidance to team members; Facilitates team ceremonies such as stand ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning and team demos; Reports progress metrics on a regular basis
* Coaches team members on Agile practices and fosters a positive work environment
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
* At least 10 years of experience within a total Information Technology (IT) environment
* At least 5 years of specialization in mainframe or distributed systems (background in both is necessary for this position) and application development including systems/application analysis and design
* 4+ years' experience in an agile development environment
* 2+ years' experience as a scrum master with proven success mentoring and providing leadership for team members without direct authority (Scrum and Kanban with SAFe experience desired)
* Scrum Master certification desired
* Proven ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment while delivering high-quality work on tight schedules
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with strong ability to challenge the status quo
* Strong leadership skills including experience in leading local and global vendor partner resources
* Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
* Experience in financial services information technology industry highly desired
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.