Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Engineering Manager, Network Development
Packet, a leading bare metal cloud provider, is looking for an Engineering Manager looking to help build out services that will affect how the next generation of infrastructure and hardware is delivered to the world, join our team!
THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE or based in one of our office locations.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING:
* Crafting and implementing the core software that is the basis for Packet s self-service cloud product offerings, including SDN (router and switch) orchestration, IP address management, traffic analysis, virtual private compute (VPC), and interconnection.
* Building systems and software architectures to solve for long-term challenges related to Packet s network infrastructure
* Running our development process, including documentation, JIRA workflow, sprint and roadmap planning
* Working with colleagues across the larger Engineering organization and other departments to develop new products and services using Packet s network
* Serving as a people manager: mentoring and providing ongoing guidance around architectural and technology choices; representing the network development team and efforts to our leadership and the greater community; identifying and recruiting new talent
WHAT WE LL EXPECT FROM YOU:
* A good concept of scale and a desire to help build and run highly reliable and performant distributed services
* A consistent record for building and leading distributed software development teams of 4-8+ people, working preferably on network technologies.
* A background of working for a SaaS or cloud-based companies passionate about agile/lean/continuous development and delivery.
* Hands-on development and architecture experience (within the last 2 years preferred)
* Deep understanding of network engineering concepts including L2/L3 protocols, data center networking, transit, peering, optical, and backbone networking / traffic engineering, traffic flow exporting and analysis
* Strong background with network automation and orchestration at scale
* Shown ability to think strategically and execute with a sense of urgency, delivering services to meet customer demands on a timely basis
* Ability to recruit top technical talent for the team
* Excellent interpersonal skills internally and externally
* Travel to office locations, as well as to conferences and team events, is required.
Packet, an Equinix company, is the leader in automated bare metal. We focus on making infrastructure a competitive advantage for the world s leading digital businesses by pairing developer-friendly bare metal with a trusted ecosystem of networks, software, and partners.
Packet helps customers take advantage of Equinix s unmatched geographic reach in 55+ global markets, 340k+ interconnections between over 1800+ networks, and a neutral approach with automation that creates a trusted, friction-free experience. As part of Equinix, our mission is to protect, connect, and power the digital world with physical infrastructure that moves at software speed.
Interested in our mission? Please follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or reach out about open positions. Learn more at www.packet.com/.
PACKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Packet, we constantly strive to build an environment that allows our employees (Packeteers) to do the best work of their lives. Our team works remotely in 10 countries across the globe. Packet is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have specific needs during the process, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we are happy to accommodate! Please note that benefits vary by country, any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.