Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER - REMOTE
United States - Remote /
Operations Global Enterprise Security /
Full - Time
Apply for this job
Rackspace is seeking a Security Engineer in our San Antonio, TX location. This role is responsible for Developing, improving, modifying, and assessing security architecture in a hosting- based environment. Conducting technology and system assessments, provide technical consultation, and ensure system security functionality. Respond to all system security weak points and partners with other teams and third- party vendors to resolve security issues.
* Leads complex cloud-based security assessments and identifies solutions to enhance or create new business opportunities, integrating multiple technologies at times.
* Provides technical and systems consultation and actively works with internal clients and technical management to eliminate risk exposures.
* Provides technical security recommendations to customers based on their security and business needs.
* Conducts security and vulnerability assessments on new product offerings.
* Works with system engineers, developers and architects to implement secure coding practices, technical documentation standards, patching guidelines, QA processes, deployment procedures and configuration management.
* Leads the development of business and system security architectures and risk remediation solutions in order to meet current and future business security needs.
* Ensures that the computing environments are kept current with service and software update releases and evaluates assessment tools for selection and integration into these environments.
* Develops and executes security testing plans which may include managing joint efforts with 3rd party vendors.
* Participates in industry consortium groups and independent research efforts to promote and identify emerging Computing security needs. Must stay current on emerging technologies as well as introducing cost-effective solutions to improve the security quality and performance of existing offerings.
* Must be capable and willing to train/mentor less experienced security engineers and other staff.
GENERAL AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Advance knowledge and experience with ethical hacking, firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies, secure coding practices and threat modeling.
* Advance knowledge with hyperscale technologies of the following: AWS, Azure and GCP
* Advance knowledge and experience of virtualization technologies, Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
* Advance knowledge and experience of network and server hardware infrastructures and storage technologies (NAS, SAN).
* Strong understanding and experience with a minimum of three of the following programming languages: .NET, PHP, Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, C, C++.
* Experience with designing secure network architectures, identity and access management principles, application security, encryption technologies, DNS, SOA, database and web applications.
* Self-motivator with strong work ethic. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex scenarios with clear solutions.
* Excellent analytical, time-management, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation & planning skills required.
* Careful attention to detail required. Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
* Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups. Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business or Computer Science.
* Minimum of 6-8 years of experience with networking, servers and application security; must have virtualization experience. Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
ABOUT RACKSPACE TECHNOLOGY
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world s leading technologies across applications, data and security to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
MORE ON RACKSPACE TECHNOLOGY
Though we re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply for this job