Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Program Supervisor Job Description
JOB TITLE: Program Supervisor STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Unit Director DATE: August 2020
TITLE OF SUBORDINATES: Lead DSP & DSPs
Overview of Position:
The Program Supervisor is part of the program s management team whose primary goal is to ensure quality service is provided to individuals being served. The Program Supervisor s primary duties consist of oversight/supervision of the direct care team (Lead DSP & DSPs). The Program Supervisor is responsible for collaborating regularly with clinical staff regarding possible behavioral health issues or staffing challenges that may negatively affect the individual being served. The Program Supervisor is also required to participate in the hiring process, ensuring that all new employees are properly oriented to the program, RHD, and the being serviced. In addition to those duties and responsibilities, the Program Supervisor is required to be a key player in the area of partnering with outside entities, as well as representing the program at various meetings/events.
* Organize/coordinate linkages with outside service providers, funders, and other entities
* Represent the program in various meetings and activities
* Assist with the planning of special events
* Complete Significant Incident ad HCSIS Reporting within 24 hours of incident, in absence of the Unit Director
* Responsible for maintaining and managing custodial accounts, petty cash, and individual credit card expenditures for the program.
* Collection of participant s rent payments, as stated in program Room and Board Policies and Procedures
* Responsible for the submission of Event forms to the City s Program Analyst and RHD s Corporate Office.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by management
* Responsible for adhering to RHD values, Corporate Policies and Procedures Manual, and Progressions System/LaCasa Policies and Procedures Manual, and State and County CRR Regulations
* Provide support for participants and employees using the Recovery Model, Unit Mission Statement and RHD Values, CRR Regulations.
* Responsible for providing crisis intervention as defined in Corporate and Program Policy and Procedures Manuals
* Co-Facilitate groups and trainings
* Responsible for attending supervision, clinical meetings, monthly staff meetings, and mandatory trainings
* Provide documented supervision to employees identified by the Unit Director, as well as evaluations after 90-day probation and annually.
* Provide training to staff and participants in areas of Medication Monitoring, Universal Precautions, and others as assigned by management.
* Assist Director with Orientation and training of staff
* Responsible for supporting DSPs in the assessment, planning, creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of participants daily living in accordance with the Recovery Model
* Support DSPs in working in cooperation with other agencies in the service delivery system to ensure coordinated, continuous and effective services for the rehabilitation of the participants.
* Assist DSPs with identifying community resources congruent with participant growth and development towards greater independence.
* Responsible for supporting participants with Recovery Management Plan and Goals daily
* Responsible for providing coaching to participants when necessary and appropriate
* Assist with development and implementation of behavior plans and crisis plans, as needed
* Troubleshoot conflict and crisis between participants and/or staff
* Provide support to DSPs to ensure staff coverage during appointments and outings
* Responsible for monitoring and assisting with medication according to program medication policies
* Respond per established protocol to all emergencies and crises including medical, behavioral, severe weather, etc.
* Conduct periodic site checks for security and safety of participants and staff
* Establish and oversee a Medication Compliance Committee and Chart Compliance Committee
* Audit Participant Charts and Participant Medication Log(s) bi-monthly (submit all audit findings via email to the Unit Director)
* Review and Audit DAP/Contact Notes for compliance bi-weekly
* Update books, logs, and necessary forms as needed
* Ensure Fire Drills, Emergency Disaster Kits, and First Aid Kits are in compliance monthly
* Complete weekly staffing schedule and ensure that all shifts are covered
* Operate agency vehicles in accordance with established policy and procedures
* Assume on-call responsibilities
* Perform other tasks as assigned by management
The Individual must have 3 years experience working in an adult/juvenile mental health setting, and 2 years supervisory experience in a mental health/social service setting.
Individual must have a HS diploma or equivalency.
* Candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail, proficient verbal/written communication and documentation skills and the ability to perform multi-task.
* Candidate must possess basic computer skills (Word; Excel, internet, and accessing and researching information)
* Valid driver s license is a must
* Candidate is expected to work a 11am to 7pm schedule
Opportunity Place is an 18 bed Community Residential Rehabilitation setting situated in the Powelton Village Section of Philadelphia. It provides services to those individuals recovering from mental illness and co-occuring disorders by providing a safe and nurturing enviorment in which to address ongoing treatment needs while transitioning to more independent settings within the community. .
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.