Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Want to make a significant impact while working for a American Health Care Association award-winning community (Check out the article here: https://www.ohca.com/ahcancal-announces-2017-bronze-national-quality-award-recipients/ (https://www.ohca.com/ahcancal-announces-2017-bronze-national-quality-award-recipients/). Join the award-winning team here at Prestige Senior Living High Desert and work for our family-owned and operated organization!:
Nestled in the heart of Bend, Oregon, Prestige Senior Living High Desert (https://www.prestigecare.com/location/prestige-senior-living-high-desert) offers residents the comfort of home and the camaraderie of community-based living. Residents experience the independence and convenience that comes with community-based living, a myriad of activities, educational opportunities and life-enrichment programming.
At High Desert, we offer Celebrations (https://www.prestigecare.com/service/our-services/assisted-living-/celebrations), a lifestyle program that embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to foster happiness and longevity among our residents. Our program s events, activities and educational opportunities are designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life.::
Questions? Contact HighDesertED@prestigecare.com::
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Provides direct resident care, completes assignments as a universal worker, and assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
* Assists with or provides care services as directed by the resident s cooperative service plan.
* Reports and documents all incidents and accidents per policy. Completes all incident forms.
* Assists residents to and from dining room and activities.
* Performs First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answers phones when assigned.
* Follows and supports community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
* Serves meals in the dining room, assisting residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
* Assists in lifting, moving and transporting residents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the resident s cooperative service plan.
* Assists with tours, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers.
* Coordinates personal care services with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
* Assists with apartment housekeeping services and resident s laundry.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Other duties as assigned
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must hold state required certification, complete state required delegation and/or training requirements and successfully complete the ADL competency return demonstration. Must have word processing skills. Current First Aid and CPR certification. Food Handlers permit if required by State.
High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred.