Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
INFORMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Job Locations US-NC-Cary HQ | US
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you ll do
As an Information Systems Engineer on the Strategic Recovery team in the Cloud and Information Services division at SAS, you will design, analyze, evaluate, test, and implement technologies in support of SAS core business units.
You will provide technical services for customers in a highly complex backup environment. You will participate in vendor partnerships, assist in improving overall data protection service delivery, and troubleshoot and deliver data protection services. You will participate in the research, design, architecting, testing, and deployment of data Protection services in the public cloud and on-premises.
* Analyze, install, acquire, modify, and support operating systems, databases, or utilities software.
* Assist with the planning, design, setup, and troubleshooting of such items as operating systems, systems management software, security and AV software, productivity applications, and other software impacting company employees.
* Perform usage planning, forecasting/trending, hardware/software configuration, and installation of such items as operating systems, AV, and patch management infrastructure, productivity applications, and virtualized environments.
* Produce and maintain current documentation on all aspects of SAS company infrastructure IT needs.
* Participate in a rotation for 24-hour, on-call service in support of the global communications infrastructure.
* Assist with special projects, as assigned, in design, implementation, transition, and operational roles.
* Provide software support for assigned products, including installation, maintenance, documentation, customization, and utilization of product features.
* Work closely with Global Information Security to implement solutions that enhance SAS security posture.
What we re looking for
* You re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
* You have a bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
* Advanced experience with Commvault, including designing and implementing in large backup environments.
* Installation, upgrade, and configuration of Commvault servers.
* Experience with Public cloud backup and DR solutions.
* On-call responsibilities as an escalation point for Operations.
The nice to haves
* NDMP, NAS (EMC Isilon, NetApp) backups.
* ServiceNow platform.
* Working with tape libraries such as IBM 3584.
* Oracle and MS SQL Server backup methodologies.
* One or more coding/scripting languages (Python, XML, jQuery).
* CommVault Workflows.
* Zerto or other replication technologies to support Disaster Recovery.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Good documentation skills, ability and desire to create useful system and process documentation.
* Performance of troubleshooting and remediation as required.
* Implementation of configuration changes or enhancements by customer request.
* Knowledge of Public Cloud Infrastructure (preferable Microsoft Azure) and platform data protection and recovery technologies.
* Willingness to support the achievement of departmental and company goals related to IT Disaster Recovery strategy, planning, and testing.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Intuitive thinking skills.
* Ability to mentor, train, and work well with others.
* General knowledge of SAS products; interest in Analytics/Analytical Products.
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see what you ll bring.
You may work at the Cary, North Carolina HQ campus (currently telecommuting) or you may work from a remote location for this position.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified sas.com email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.