Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Maine Medical Partners - Cardiovascular Surgery we have one goal: to improve the quality of life for each of our patients. Our team dedicates its expertise, strengths, and compassion to meet that goal. Our multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, electrophysiologists, and nurses work collaboratively to support patients of all ages through a variety of heart conditions.
MMP CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY IS SEEKING A COMPASSIONATE PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE WHO WILL INDEPENDENTLY ASSIST PATIENTS WITH REGISTRATION AND THE CHECK-OUT PROCESS. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED ON CONGRESS STREET CLOSE TO THE BRAMHALL CAMPUS IN PORTLAND.
MaineHealth is the largest integrated health system in the state of Maine and offers wonderful benefits and opportunities to advance your career.
*Health Insurance and Supplemental Plans such as Dental, Vision, Life, etc.
*Generous Paid Time Off
*Paid Parental Leave for Birth and Adoptive Parents
*FREE Bus Trips! As part of our Commuter Choice Program, we offer free bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the greater Portland region.
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) will greet patients in a friendly and courteous manner, answer telephones, schedule appointments, and perform other overall general office duties as assigned. The PSR will also collect, verify, enter, and monitor patient data while complying with the federal, state and MaineHealth confidentiality policies. The Patient Service Representative will support patients with the registration and check-in/check-out process and obtain prior authorizations. Working knowledge of front desk procedures in a medical office setting is highly preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA
* EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
* EXPERIENCE: Previous office experience with medical office experience helpful.
* Knowledge and skills in using office equipment.
* Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
* Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.