Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Director, World Wide Instrument Service will be responsible for management and success of the entire instrument service department. This position will work closely with the commercial and engineering teams to design and implement programs that closely align with their objectives to enable growth and continued customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Working closely with management team to develops strategic goals and improvement processes for the field service team to ensure all customer growth and satisfaction. * Hires, trains, develops, disciplines/terminates staff as necessary, in accordance with company policies and federal/state regulations, with input from the Human Resources department. * Establishes and monitor managers' and service engineers' performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and provides continuous feedback and recognition on performance. Helps identify high performers to groom for potential succession planning. * Leads regular meetings and educational opportunities with team to ensure they are fully informed of company products and activities. * Manages resource allocation and utilization ensuring effective and efficient use of company resources. * Acts as a liaison for field service team with multiple departments impacted by team and works toward mitigating/resolving any issues that may arise. * Maintains accurate and up-to-date records across several software and CRM tools. * Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. * Ensure that all published procedures and process requirements are followed the instrument service team. * Responsible for establishing budgets, staffing plans, and resource allocation for the team. * Report performance results for the entire team to senior leadership. * Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree is required in a related field or equivalent relevant work experience or military training.
* Minimum 10 years' experience in field service required. A background in Biotechnology instrumentation is preferred * Experience using basic hand tools and inspection equipment required * Minimum of 5 years management or global team lead exerience in field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong working knowledge of instrumentation repair and an in-depth understanding or mechanical theory of operation. Robotics background is a plus.
* Strong troubleshooting fundamentals and heavy analytical background.
* Familiarity with ISO, GMP and GDP processes is required. * Superior leadership skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results. * Strong business acumen, negotiation and mediation skills, as well as a demonstrated attention to detail and a focus on achieving quality outcomes. Ability to build/foster relationships. * Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables. * Logical problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion. * Excellent oral and written communication skills. * Ability to produce clear, concise and technically accurate documentation. * A professional presence and strong interpersonal skills for interacting in a courteous, timely, and diplomatic manner with all levels of employees as well as other parties/stakeholders involved in the company. * Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables. * Effectively identify and communicate issues, problems, and results to appropriate personnel. * Possess excellent organizational skills. * Proficiency in MS Windows, Office, and general networking setup. * A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to multi-task and work productively in demanding production environment with changing priorities. * Ability to work independently, as an effective team member and with all levels of the company. * Ability to travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods. The individual is occasionally required to walk, use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. This position may require travel.
The position is performed in a traditional office setting that is moderately quiet. During travel, the work environment may vary.