Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Director of Communication and Public Affairs assigned to Franklin Community Health Network works out of our Farmington offices and is part of a dynamic and forward-looking system-wide marketing and communications team. This individual will be responsible for local marketing and public relations strategy for a MaineHealth organization in alignment with the overall system strategy. A strong understanding of community and media relations is essential as is the ability to understand and execute traditional and digital marketing plans locally. The Director will work closely with system marketing and communications leadership as well as local leadership at Franklin Community Health Network.
The Director of Communication and Public Affairs develops and executes strategic and integrated internal communication, community engagement, local marketing and public relations strategy for a MaineHealth organization in alignment with the overall MaineHealth system strategy. Accountable for the design and growth of communication systems to support the mission, vision and business objectives of the organization and the system. Allocates resources to successfully achieve communication objectives. Directs the media relations function to ensure maintenance and enhancement of the entity and systems image throughout the market as reflected in the media. Works in conjunction with system marketing and corporate communication teams to inform system marketing and communications, digital and brand plans as well as communicate those plans and their impact on the local market.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Bachelor's degree required, Masters a Plus with an emphasis in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred.
* A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in marketing, planning, communications, public relations, market research, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a healthcare setting. Project/process management, account management or related capabilities a plus.
* 5-7 plus years supervisory experience required
* Incumbent must have analytical skills and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
* Strong oral communications skills, including the ability communicate effectively with others and to speak in public, listen effectively, interview and gather pertinent information from sources at all levels in the organization, and work with varying levels of staff.
* Able to work well under pressure and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be flexible and adaptable to unexpected changes.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.