Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
* The Registered Nurse (RN) at Memorial Hospital's Family Birthing Center coordinates total nursing care for patients ranging in age from infants to adult, as appropriate to discipline. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice.
* This is a per diem position in a busy Family Birthing Center, working with a close-knit nursing team.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Active State of NH or Compact nursing license. Current BCLS required for all. ACLS required for critical care departments. Other certifications specific to department policies may be required
* EXPERIENCE: Prior Birthing Center / OB Registered Nurse experience required; at least two years' experience preferred.
* Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
* Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
* Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
* Proficient computer skills
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.