Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Sales Representative - Turfgrass and Ornamental
Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization* Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we*
Target Specialty Products, a brand of Rentokil, is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of Turf and Ornamental chemicals, Fertilizer and Seed products, Specialty products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the entire United States from 30 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: golf course maintenance, lawn care company, sport turf maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, structural pest control, forestry and vector control.
What do our Sales Representatives do*
Sales Representatives will join a results-oriented environment where they will proceed through a comprehensive training program to learn and understand our turf and ornamental products. They call on a full spectrum of golf, lawncare and professional turf market segments. This role enjoys an atmosphere of autonomy, travel, recognition, and rewards for achievement.
* Create new business opportunities through cold calling, prospecting, networking, leads, referrals and cross selling
* Build partnerships and collaborate effectively with internal and external accounts to maximize growth opportunities and ensure the delivery of outstanding service solutions
* Provide technical support and product information for client inquiries
* Communicate company promotions, programs, and pricing within assigned geography
* Assist Finance/Credit department as needed to ensure client account balances fall within company credit guidelines
* Work with key vendor manufacturer representatives to keep current on technical product updates and market programs.
What do we offer*
* World class training of the latest industry best practices
* Incentives for excellent customer retention and upselling to current customers
* Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
* Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
* Company vehicle & uniforms provided
* Short and long-term disability
* Life Insurance
What do you need*
* High school diploma or GED3+ year's experience in horticulture related field with a stable work history or a 2-year College Degree
* Must possess good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Outgoing, Energetic and Persistent
* Relationship/Consultative Selling
* Trustworthy and able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Professional Appearance & Demeanor: Business Casual Attire
* Comfortable speaking with and presenting to individuals and small groups
* Proficient Computer Skills: Internet, email, contact management software and smart phone operation
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
* Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you*
Target Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
* English Version - Revised November 2009
* Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
* English (Formatted)
* English (Unformatted)