Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Distribution Credit Manager
Are you looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization* Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we*
Rentokil is a family of companies in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What do our Distribution Credit Manager do*
The Distribution Credit Manager directs, and coordinates, the activities of all of its colleagues that are engaged in; customer support, customer credit investigation, new customer setup, and collection, that are within the Distribution legal companies we support. They also interacts with the Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, and the Finance teams, to foster profitable sales growth and effective risk mitigation. They also will be required to balance the intersection of sales growth, credit worthiness, profitability, cash flow, and customer satisfaction. This position requires an individual that is largely self-directed on a day-to-day basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
* Lead all order-to-cash functions for a 12 (or more) person team to provide first class customer support ensuring efficient, consistent policies and procedures across multiple product markets.
* Supervise staff located in multiple locations including Santa Fe Springs, CA; Wixom, MI; and Reading, PA. Provide individual and group guidance, coaching, and mentoring.
* Provide a cohesive and supportive high performance team environment; and set group goals and objectives. Cross train employees, fostering inclusive team spirit.
* Harmonize processes and procedures to align with those of Rentokil NA when possible.
* Design and implement a centralized credit management function.
* Establish department structure and department goals. Implement appropriate metrics to measure performance.
* Manage the new customer setup process. Assign responsibility for investigating and verifying financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit. Assist in the preparation of documents that substantiate findings, and recommend the appropriate course of action for the new customer account setup.
* Supervise colleagues engaged in customer support activities including, but not limited to, Quality, Quantity, and Pricing disputes. Manage the investigation of special sales promotions, rebates, and agency charge-backs.
* Act as a key point of contact for the external auditors for billing and collections transactions.
* Insure adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of credit matters to maintain good customer relations and a quality receivable portfolio. Implement changes to policy when appropriate following corporate change policies.
* Establish credit limits on customer accounts and monitor the performance of the accounts to mitigate portfolio risk.
* Handle all special credit arrangements requiring deviation from standard terms of payment, escalating up the chain-of-command as necessary within corporate policy.
* Assign responsibility for further investigation of delinquent accounts and take additional collection steps necessary to recover past due receivables up to and including filing legal action.
* Review collection reports to ascertain the status of collection activity and balances outstanding. Evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
* Audit delinquent "uncollectible" accounts to be certain that maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
* Coordinate with other leadership, including personnel in the sales organization, warehouse branches and outside agencies, to exchange information and update risk mitigation controls as necessary.
* Submit delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
* Take appropriate action to segregate pre-petition debt when a debtor seeks relief under the US Bankruptcy code. File Proof of Claim documents as needed to maximize recovery.
* Review outside collection agency effectiveness, policies and fees.
* Communicate with sales and finance leadership to maintain an effective credit policy with adequate internal controls in changing business conditions.
* Develop management reporting as necessary.
* Other duties may be assigned.
What do we offer*
* World class training of the latest industry best practices
* Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
* Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
* Short and long-term disability
* Life Insurance
What do you need*
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) required
* Master's Degree preferred
* More than seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; Inventory software, and best practice for order-to-cash activity. Proficiency with Great Plains a plus. Candidate must be proficient with Excel. Familiarity with Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides a plus.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, financial reports, general legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Working knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Bankruptcy proceedings.
* Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
* Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
* Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
* Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you*
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
* English Version - Revised November 2009
* Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
* English (Formatted)
* English (Unformatted)