Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
The Senior E-Commerce Specialist will be responsible for increasing distributor market share in the digital space, with a focus on digital assortment optimization, improving the digital shelf, social media presence, improving share of search, and promotional opportunities.
This role will be responsible for integrating E-commerce into the fabric of our business by educating and training retailers and the internal salesforce on digital platforms while inspiring all levels of the sales organization. Establishes and executes the E-Commerce sales plans for the Distributor. The right
candidate must possess strong analytical abilities, selling skills, leadership capability and be adept at collaborating cross functionally. The incumbent will provide meaningful and actionable information and insights on all aspects of our Digital and E-Commerce strategies.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Develops E-Commerce sales strategies, programs and plans for existing and potential accounts.
• Partners with Sales leadership team to develop annual business plans and monitoring goals, conducting monthly digital business reviews and leading action item efforts.
• Develops business with retail customers utilizing e-commerce platforms, like Drizly, Minibar, and Saucey through selling and expanding distribution of Gallo items.
• Defines, identifies, and implements customer E-Commerce strategies.
• Gains cross-functional stakeholder alignment on prioritization of integration efforts and required resources.
• Identifies new potential partners for e-commerce business models by selling Gallo’s portfolio, fulfillment capabilities, and partnership opportunities.
• Manages e-commerce team relationships with Drizly, Instacart, Minibar, and other e-commerce marketplaces.
• Trains and educates sales organization on effective methods to best maximize digital online selling within their accounts.
• Works side by side with the sales force to reinforce digital sales training methods.
• Provides consistent and ongoing review of key retailer accounts to ensure brand presence, user experience enhancement and maximization of potential earnings.
• Analyzes and evaluates market share, competition, trends and provide recommendations to management on how to enhance our online and social media presence.
• Leads efforts to drive social media strategies with key accounts.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams in order to leverage and develop a repository of digital graphics, marketing materials, banners, etc. for Sales to access and leverage for use in accounts.
• Provides on-going strategic insights based on industry, customer, shopper and marketplace trends to support category strategy.
• Participates in distributor team meetings, management meetings, and monthly sales meetings.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance to include timeliness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of professional Sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 8 years of professional Sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Prior selling experience and demonstrated ability to influence customer buying patterns.
• Previous experience developing strong relationships with key accounts.
• Ability to effectively partner cross functionally.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate and convey meaningful messages with stakeholders through written communications, email, presentations, etc.
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to sell, and a passion for the E-Commerce/digital space.
• Intermediate Excel skills to include experience with pivot tables and v-lookups along with a high level of numeracy.
• Well organized, detail-oriented, collaborative and have the ability to work independently.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents and reports.
• Demonstrates successful track record in e-Commerce sales growth.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve.
• Ambition and drive to meet goals and objectives.
• Required to be physically capable of executing all essential functions to perform the job.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to be at least 21 years of age.
• Required to lift and move up to 57 pound cases of product.
• Knowledge of federal and state alcohol laws.
• Experience with E-Commerce and digital marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of professional Sales experience to include 3 years of E-Commerce analytics experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience as a District Manager.
• Category or Account Management experience.
• Experience working with independent markets.
• Project management experience.
• Knowledge of pricing with everyday margins, reduced pricing, feature pricing, ads, and planners.
• Master’s Degree.
• CSW or CSS Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.