Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: Works from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions to create complex mechanical, electro-mechanical, or electronic designs and layouts. Performs all assignments in compliance with engineering and contractual requirements, and within budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designs or modifies existing designs to develop or improve products or facilitate manufacturing operations.
* Determines mechanical design characteristics such as packaging, panel/control layouts, functional configuration and chassis frame design.
* Develops complex designs for electronic printed circuit boards including path and component layout designs.
* Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, tooling and equipment, interchangeability and replaceability.
* Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development.
* Makes layouts of complex mechanical assemblies or detailed parts of devices and mechanisms.
* Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
* Gathers information on materials or parts needed for design by use of applicable handbook data and a good working knowledge of catalog and standard parts/components available for purchase.
* Performs job functions with the use of computer aided design (CAD) equipment and software.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Two-years of technical training, or equivalent, in drafting and engineering, plus a minimum of eight years drafting and design engineering experience, including electro-mechanical and CAD experience.
* Thoroughly understands dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME-Y-14.5 and be able to design production hardware for 100% interchangeability.
* Ability to use typical office automation products such as computer spreadsheets and word processing programs.
* Proficiency in using CAD software.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and contractual requirements.
* Must be able to work long periods at a design workstation.
* Effective written and oral communication skills required.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law