Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers. Key Responsibilities
* Create appropriate metrics/KPI's, reporting tools, and dashboards that give insight into business performance and drive effective decision-making across all areas of supply chain
* Review and analyze gathered data to pinpoint areas of opportunities with quantified saving opportunities in supply chain
* Conceptualize requisite dashboards for business and operational metrics, and create data pipelines to implement and maintain these dashboards
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders like IT, finance, sales, accounts payable, DC operations, transportation service providers, carriers and other vendors to enable unified data aggregation
* Prepare variance analysis on key cost drivers in operations and partner with cost center owners to provide business advice to maximize the efficiency and profitability of the business
* Contribute to achievement of business goals and objectives by delivering value-added business decision support across the supply chain organization
* Generate on demand reports, analysis, and presentations, upon request
* Drive process improvements within the function Competencies and skills
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Operations management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Information systems, Statistics, Finance or related field
* 2+ years of experience in Operations management, Supply chain management, Inventory management, Logistics or other related fields
* Proficiency in data collection, data analytics, statistical analysis, data modeling, data visualization and presentation
* Proficiency in using MS office suite with demonstrated ability in advanced MS Excel tools like Pivot tables, macros etc.
* Proficiency in using business intelligence tools such as Power BI or Tableau
* Working knowledge of database structures and writing SQL queries
* High-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes
* Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines
* Intellectual curiosity to learn business processes and willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the work accomplished EEO/AA Statement
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.