Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Responsible for Maintaining and Improving Plant performance. This is typically a non-shift work position although situations may require work outside normal shift. Performance Technician will perform mechanical, instrument and electrical maintenance. See skill set listed below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manipulates air separation controls to meet product specifications and production requirements
* Adjust plant control variables, monitor and manage process equipment parameters to meet production goals.
* Obtain knowledge base of the theory of air separation and related equipment associated with the process; understand the plant's water chemistry to assure proper cooling tower operations and equipment functioning.
* Develop skills to trouble shoot, evaluate process upsets and take corrective actions.
* Must maintain Qualified Electrical Worker certification
* Performs maintenance on compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment, when required.
* Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals.
* Develop ability to interpret Process & Instrument Drawings to understand process operations, equipment and aid in trouble shooting system anomalies.
* Participate in the maintenance/updating of work instructions to assure accurate and current start-up and operational procedures.
* Demonstrate mechanical aptitude, evaluate equipment performance, perform routine calibration and maintenance of analytical test equipment and maintain appropriate records.
* Be safety conscious, i.e., meetings, work areas, eliminate hazards, etc.
* Ability to prepare and maintain production operations and distribution records to meet the requirements of FDA, DPA, OSHA, ISO Quality Systems and other internal and external requirements.
* Participate in the maintenance and updating of plant and equipment work instructions.
* Prepare and maintain production operations and distribution records to meet internal and external requirements.
* Prepare QA documents to certify product quality; transcribe/transfer data from process computer data bases and tables, etc. to prepare product loss and reports.
* Good communication skills (inter departmental, team members, vendors, etc.
* Responsible for reviewing and releasing medical grade product per FDA regulations.
* Troubleshooting the causes of plant operational issues and alarms, either directly or in conjunction with the local team.
* Assisting with starting / stopping the plants in a safe manner as dictated by operating conditions and business needs.
* Optimizing plant performance by tracking performance data and implement the best operating plan for all plants.
* Executing productivity ideas and Best Practices to keep plant costs down.
* Interacting closely with all the supporting groups/personnel for performance optimization and troubleshooting.
* Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
* Basic Computer skills.
* On call for plant needs of any kind, (Personnel, Equipment, Customer problems) Statistical and analytical skills.
* Clean driving record.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma, Technical School or related industrial experience
* Strong understanding of Safety Practices and policies for the Industrial Gas Industry
* Strong understanding of Air Separation Principles
* Strong understanding of compressors, pumps and expanders
* Strong understanding of electrical motors, electrical power distribution and electrical safety.
* Possess skills to utilize I&E test equipment, including DVM, megger, process calibrator, transmitter simulator.
* Ability to utilize troubleshooting skills on Medium voltage panels, low voltage panels, Programmable Logic Controllers, field process measuring equipment and vibration equipment
* Understanding of Analytical principles.