Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Paragon Systems is currently hiring for a Physical Security Specialist to support our MARSOC located in Camp Lejeune, NC (CLNC). Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The MARSOC Physical Security Specialist (PSS) is a full-time non-exempt employee responsible for developing, coordinating, and conducting physical security services; which may include security surveys/ inspections, and emergency planning. This position requires a self-motivated individual with the ability to function independently and possess excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
The Physical Security Specialist:
* Develop, coordinate, and conduct physical security programs, which may include operations security and command security programs, security surveys/inspections, and emergency planning in support of MARSOC.
* Support the MARSOC Physical Security Specialist with the technical assistance required for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive MARSOC physical security plan.
* Develop, coordinate, and maintain physical security program in accordance with applicable directives and regulations, reviewing all plans for new construction and major modification of any government building or structure as required by regulations.
* Assist with the management and maintenance of the Electronic Security Systems (ESS) aboard the MARSOC Camp Lejeune, NC and Camp Pendleton, CA compounds.
* Perform other related duties as needed. The contractor shall ensure assigned Site Supervisor personnel attend AMAG Technology Symmetry System Operator Training Course within (12) months of assignment and possesses the ability to plan and execute work with little to no supervision.
* The contractor Site Supervisor personnel must have completed a majority of the training listed below to be considered for the Site Supervisor/Physical Security position. The contractor Site Supervisor personnel must be in full compliance (i.e., must have completed all of the below training) with the training requirements within 12 months of award to maintain the position.
Defense Security Service (DSS) training (free for personnel affiliated with the DoD & web based)
* Introduction to Physical Security
* Lock and Key Systems
* Physical Security Measures
* Physical Security Planning and Implementation
* Physical Security Virtual Environment Assessment
* Storage Containers and Facilities
* Risk Management for DoD Security Program
* Operate a variety of office automation equipment, including copy machines, facsimile machines, networked, computers, laser printers, shredders, scanners, and other electronic equipment.
* Operate a variety of office automation equipment, including copy machines, facsimile machines, networked computers, laser printers, shredders, scanners, and other electronic equipment.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a high level of trust and confidence and as such the applicant must meet several pre-employment requirements.
* Must possess a current fully adjudicated Secret Security Clearance and or have a valid Interim Secret Security Clearance
* Be a minimum of 21 years of age; fluent in speaking, reading, comprehending and writing English due to nature of the position.
* Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
* Excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
* Ability to provide quality Customer Service.
* Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
* Ability to see, hear, and smell in Order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations.
* Reliable and have a strong work ethic.
* Reliable transportation and current Driver's License
* Ability to work independently OR as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
* Received a High School diploma, OR received a GED, OR shows HS graduation/equivalent education on a DD-214, OR completion of 60 credit hours in related field from learning institution recognized by Dept. of Education, OR successfully graduated from a federal/state certified law enforcement education/training course that may result in a LE appointment OR commission.
* Must be able to pass a background check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
* Must be able to pass a physical agility test if applicable; complete required training and pass examination.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver's license, Social security card or birth certificate, and any other certification (guard/clearance card, applicable state/local gun/Armed Guard permit, OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Regular computer usage.
* Handling and being exposed to sensate and confidential information.
* Required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665.