Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Requisition ID: 57398
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Rockmart (3110)
Rockmart, GA, United States, 30153
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defense and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live . These core values teamwork, integrity and excellence are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 9,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Airframe Systems division brings together an extensive range of skills and abilities to support some of the world s leading commercial, business and military aircraft manufacturers.
Across its five product groups, Airframe Systems produces a host of world leading technology. Our Braking Systems product group supplies both military and commercial aircrafts.
We seal essential spaces, such as landing gear, wings, engines, nacelles, windows and doors, and produce intelligent air data systems and sensors that measure altitude, angle or acceleration. These sensors can be used on planes, train control systems or even missile control systems.
Whether it s developing new radome solutions, fuel delivery systems or high-altitude life support systems, Airframe Systems embodies the innovation at the heart of Meggitt. Job Designation
The Production Scheduler, under limited supervision, performs routine tasks in coordinating new customer orders, existing customer delivery schedules, and finished product shipments. Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules and departmental workflows. Job Core Responsibilities
* Support the day to day operations on the shop floor to main production progress
* Maintain status of the production plan
* Expedite production materials as required
* Identify variance to the plan and drive accountability to the schedule
* Line side inventory maintenance (Physical and SAP)
* Printing and release production orders
* Review of slow moving WIP and take action to remove the road blocks preventing the parts from resuming on the production floor
* Receive direction from the MRP controller and provide feedback as requested
* Maintain visual flow in the shop
* Work closely with the production supervisor to ensure adherence to the production plan.
* Audit work center SAP accuracy
* Monitor clocking practices on the shop floor and that parts are physically located where they show in the system
* Cycle counts to be conducted and SAP adjustments made accordingly
* DLA 1 Support as defined
* Ensure adherence to the line of balance and maintain measurements for conformance to plan (CTP)
* SAP Management of goods movements including MB51, MB52 and COGI clean up
* Ensure all systematic transactions take place prior to shipment of product from the manufacturing floor
* Maintain reports as requested
* All other duties as assigned Job Specifications
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2 years or more of relevant experience
* Working knowledge of Material Resource Planning
* Experience in production control or order scheduling
* Able to apply a systematic disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
* Proficient Microsoft Windows software applications; SAP knowledge helpful
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.