Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
FRONT END ENGINEER DIGITAL DELIVERY
The Salesforce Digital Delivery team is responsible for the innovation of the Salesforce digital experience globally, leveraging best-in-class technology and systems including Salesforce s platform. Salesforce continues to grow rapidly, and our digital experience ensures that visitors, prospects, customers, and trailblazers can connect with Salesforce content and capability in a seamless and engaging manner.
Ready to bring your engineering expertise from complex enterprise environments to Salesforce? Do you place a high value on being part of a company that emphasizes equality, diversity, innovation, and doing the right thing for ourselves, our community, and our customers? The Digital Delivery team is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Front End Engineer to help build the experience that drives our corporate web presence, which is the first touchpoint our worldwide community of users has with Salesforce.
* Provide innovative solutions for the Salesforce.com website as a platform to engage visitors and customers seeking to learn more about what Salesforce can offer them, and gain knowledge and support as part of their journey into the Salesforce ecosystem.
* Develop templates and components that make up the system our visitors interact with- utilizing our CMS platform, standards-compliant HTML5, ES6, CSS3 and standard web components.
* Design, implement, test, and deliver highly scalable products.
* Master our development process, culture, and codebase, then improve it.
* Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their code as well as other engineers'.
* Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, user experience experts, and performance engineers to build new features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
* Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
* Present your designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
* Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
* 7+ years of experience working on large-scale, complex web applications
* Working experience with multiple front-end frameworks, such as Angular, Vue, Ember, React, etc. to have an opinion of the qualities of each versus the others
* Experience with ES6
* Mobile web development and responsive web design experience
* Strong understanding of the fundamentals of web page and site performance
* Strong understanding of web application security
* Strong understanding of object oriented development concepts and MVC
* Experience mentoring other engineers
* Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology or equivalent experience.
* Understanding front-end testing methodologies, test driven development, and associated frameworks (Jest, Cucumber, other related test frameworks a plus)
* Experience with Lightning Web Components (LWC)
* Experience with PHP and Java
* Experience with Content Management Systems, especially in Wordpress or Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
* Demonstrated thought leadership around cutting edge technologies
* Experience working within design systems, ideally as part of a team establishing and building that system from scratch
* Experience developing and maintaining analytics reporting as well as tag management via enterprise-grade solutions (via Adobe, Google, Tealium, or others)
* Experience with build automation tools such as Maven, and Grunt or Gulp
* Experience building with internationalization and localization in mind
* Experience writing UI tests using a Selenium based framework
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.